Saturday, August 25, 2018

Menu Plan for Week of Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, 2018

Here we are coming up on the last week of August!  I am looking forward to a visit to the apple orchard, cooler evenings, leaves starting to turn, yummy fall treats to bake....but I am so going to miss summer! It just goes too fast!

Last week the back-to-school flu hit hard at my daughter's house.  The last one to get it was the youngest, but she seemed to bounce back after 24 hours of yuckiness.  Hopefully they all will rest up this weekend.  While I stayed with the youngest granddaughter on Friday, I washed all their bedclothes, blankets, and clothes, and wiped down their house with Lysol!  Stair railings, doorknobs and handles, faucets, toilets, furniture - if I could reach it, it got wiped down!  Their cats were hiding, or I would have Lysoled them too!  I was on a mission!

This week's menu finds me transitioning to fall meals.  I love comfort foods, and fall is a great time to enjoy some of the old standbys.  I'm still enjoying lots of fruit with breakfast, especially berries.  But I can't wait to get some fresh apples right out of the orchard!

Here is this week's menu plan:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.



Sunday:

Fluffy Pancakes are from Chocolates and Chai
Broccoli Cauliflower Bacon Salad is from Genius Kitchen - a tried and true favorite
Snickers Rice Krispie Treats are from Brown Eyed Baker

Monday:

Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Meatloaf is from Chef In Training
Our Best Cheesecake is from Kraft Recipes - another tried and true favorite cheesecake

Tuesday:

Breakfast Pizza is from Six Sisters Stuff
Taco Salad for a Large Crowd is from Taste of Home - This is my go-to taco salad recipe - I have made it for years, and everyone always loves it.  I sent it in to my granddaughter's school last year for a teacher luncheon, and a few teachers actually sent me thank you notes for the delicious salad!
Paula Deen's Layered Mexican Salad is from Genius Kitchen - you can't go wrong with Paula Deen's recipes - I am a big fan of her cooking!

Wednesday:

Hash Brown Sausage Quiche is from Genius Kitchen
Fried Apples are from I Save A to Z - these are so good!  My granddaughters love Cracker Barrel's fried apples, and when I made these they gobbled them up and begged me to make them again!

Thursday:

Roast Beef is from Genius Kitchen - easy and delicious
Key Lime Pie is from Favorite Family Recipes - so easy and so good!

Friday:

Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken is from The Recipe Critic

Saturday:

Hawaiian Baked Ham Sandwiches are from All Recipes - my family loves these little sandwiches made on Hawaiian rolls - I like them because I can make a whole pan full to feed a crowd.
Southern Pea Salad is from The Southern Lady Cooks - we all love this salad, creamy and crunchy!

I think that's it for this week!  I hope you find something you want to try!  Let's get those aprons on and get cooking!





2 comments:

  1. Your menus are fantastic! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! That was so sweet of you to say! I hope you can use them, either parts of the or all of them!

      Delete