Saturday, September 29, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan for Sept. 30-Oct. 6, 2018

Hard to believe, yet here we are saying goodbye to September!  Although here in Indiana, summer is making a comeback this week as we are looking at low to mid-80's all week long!  But the cooler evenings and chilly mornings definitely let us know fall and winter are lurking around the corner!

This week I spent some time trying to catch up on some sewing projects, but not much progress made.  Bummer.  Whenever I leave a sewing project lie around for awhile, it takes me SO LONG to get back into it!  I read and re-read directions, try to figure out what in the world I was doing, where I left off, and by that time it's time to go make dinner or do something else.  But I refuse to get more stuff out until I finish a few things.  Crossing my fingers I will do better this week.

Last night I went and bought some cute little fall decorations at The Christmas Tree Shop.  I love that store!  I am trying to achieve a more Pinterest-worthy fall mantel, even though I am seriously decorating-impaired.  We'll see how it turns out! There's always room for new learning and trying out new things!

This week's menu is a pretty easy one.  I needed more time for sewing!!  But still lots of yummy treats for dinner!

Here is this week's menu:
For a printable menu, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

Sunday:
Grilled Hamburgers - this is just my own concoction, but nice for the fall.  We grill out regular burgers, but top them with slices of deli ham fried up in a skillet until the edges are crisp, sautéed onions, a piece of swiss cheese, lettuce, and beer mustard.  Serve them on a pretzel roll, and you have a burger worthy of any Oktoberfest!

Monday:
Speedy Chicken Ala King is from Genius Kitchen - I like to serve it over mashed potatoes, but you can serve it over toast, baked potatoes, biscuits, egg noodles, whatever you like!
Dutch Apple Pie with Cinnamon Roll Crust is from 21 Rosemary Lane - the family really likes this pie!

Wednesday:
Shepherd's Pie is from Cincy Shopper - it seems as if I must have a taste for mashed potatoes this week!  Since I always buy a 10# bag of them from Aldis, I'm sure I'll have enough!
Cheddar Bay Biscuits are from The Slow Roasted Italian - I have made these many times for my family, and they just love them!  Pretty much like Red Lobster's biscuits, but my grandgirls think they are even better!
No Bake Twinkie Cake is from The Country Cook - easy and yummy every time!

Thursday:
Baked Ziti is from Budget Savvy Diva - this is a new one for me this week!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are from Honey and Butter - another new one, but they sound so yummy! And I can easily put these in my granddaughter's lunch box!

Friday:
Tilapia Parmesan is from Genius Kitchen - my husband loves fish, so this one's for him!
Broccoli, Rice, and Cheese Casserole is from An Affair From The Heart - this is an oldie but goodie!

Saturday:
Hearty Beef Soup is from The Slow Roasted Italian - pure comfort food
Sweet Butter Bread is from Genius Kitchen - so good, makes me wish I could eat it!!  This is a bread machine recipe, easy and smells so delicious!!
German Chocolate Sheet Cake is from Chef In Training

That's it for another week!  I hope you find my menus helpful, and you find some recipes you like!  Have a wonderful week!

Click HERE to see the parties I link to!

No comments:

Post a Comment