Monday, April 1, 2019

2019 Finish Along - Finish #1

Way back in January - 3months ago already! - I decided to participate in the 2019 Finish Along hosted by many awesome quilters.  The purpose of it is to inspire people who sew and quilt to finish some of their projects that they have started.

Last year, I 'participated' also, but didn't do too well in the Finish Department.  I meant well, but that's about as far as I got.

This year, I am off to a much better start!  For the first quarter, I listed three projects to finish, and I have finished them all!  Woohoo!  I just gave myself a standing ovation!

The first project I wanted to finish was to do SOMETHING with 2 gigantic snowman blocks I had made back in the day.  I cannot even remember what I made them for!  All I know is they are HUGE!  So I decided to make them into a tote bag to carry my knitting around in the winter months.

Here is the original post showing just the blocks:  Snowman Blocks FAL 2019

Here is my finished bag....(make your own drumroll sound as you scroll down)

TADA!  There it is in all it's glory!  The back is exactly the same as the front, as I had made 2 snowman blocks and then stopped.  I lined it with soft flannel, and luckily had enough of the blue snowball print in my scrap pile to make the handles.  

I haven't used it yet, but my other knitting bad is about ready to fall apart, so I'm thinking this fall it will be put to good use.

I am linking up my first finish here:


That's it for my first finish!
Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment