Sunday, May 19, 2019

Menu Plan for May 19-25, 2019

Another school year coming to a close this week!  I can't believe it!  Next school year, I will be the grandma of a senior, a sophomore, and a third grader!  It seems like last week that I was going to the senior-to-be's kindergarten graduation!

I guess the saying is true - life comes at you fast!  I think next year will be a whirlwind!

This week's menu plan has quite a variety of foods, except of course for breakfast.  I am continuing on with my fruit salads for breakfast, which is just so good for me!  It holds me well until lunchtime, and I find that I even forget to eat lunch some days until I look at the clock and see it is past 1:00!!  I wish I would have started this sooner!  Last week I weighed in, and have lost 6 pounds.  That motivated me to keep trying!  I have a couple autoimmune disorders, and losing weight just does not happen easily for me.  It will take me forever to lose more, but I feel so much better it is totally worth it!

We are breaking out the grill for summer, so I have a couple meals that are from the grill.  I also chose a main dish salad to lighten up dinner on those hot days.  I don't like to heat up the kitchen in the summer, so I choose a lot of meals from the grill, as well as salads.

Here is the menu for this week:
If you would like a printable menu, please click HERE.
Recipe notes and links are below.


Sunday:
Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli is from Table for Two - I will not have an egg roll, because I have yet to find gluten free egg rolls!

Gluten Free New York Cheesecake is from Genius Kitchen - basically it is a New York Cheesecake without the crust

Monday:
Crockpot Swedish Meatballs are from The Country Cook - I love these and could eat them every day!  I use gluten free cream of mushroom soup and gluten free French onion soup.

Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Crisp is from Build Your Bite - new recipe for me!

Tuesday:
Crockpot Pork Loin with Gravy is from Recipes That Crock - easy and delicious, I use gluten free brown gravy mix and gluten free cream of mushroom soup.  I also throw in a couple shakes of balsamic vinegar.

Wednesday:
Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings is from Mama Knows Gluten Free - my favorite gluten free cooking site!  I love this meal!

Thursday:
Sloppy Joes are from The Chunky Chef - easy and delicious!

Friday:
Ham and Cheese Chopped Salad is from The Salty Marshmallow - keeps the kitchen cool!

Saturday:
Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans are from the Chunky Chef - delicious with Italian Sausages from the grill

Another week, another menu!  I hope you find an idea or a meal plan here that you like!  Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment