Sunday, May 5, 2019

Menu Plan for Week of May 5-11, 2019

I love May, don't you?  Granted, it's still raining here in Indiana almost every day, but the sunny days we have in May...like today....oh, me oh, May!  Totally love it!  The smallest granddaughter was here most of the day, and she rode her scooter, and her bike, petted the horses that belong to the people behind us, ate an ice cream cone outside and got chocolate all over her face, sat with me on the swing for awhile, just the kinds of things I love about May.  Plus, (she's 8 years old) she played a Pokémon card game with her uncle and had a ball.  She loves Pokémon, and almost every time she sees him he pulls new packs of Pokémon cards out from somewhere and she goes crazy! He is taking her to see the movie Detective Pikachu when it comes out, and you would think they were going to the world premiere of Gone With The Wind.  Sweet times!

We had such a nice week last week, even though it was rainy and kind of chilly.  I have been sewing all kinds of things, but finally finishing up gifts for the granddaughter's (above) teacher and bus driver.  It's Teacher Appreciation Week, and whatever we do for the teacher we also do for the bus driver - because we love them both!  So Monday, a pot of beautiful geraniums for each.  For Tuesday, I made each one a quilted tote bag.  Still finishing the bus driver's, but the teacher's is finished.  I will post a picture later.  Wednesday gift cards to Starbucks, Thursday classroom supplies and note pads and mugs, and Friday a handwritten thank you card from the granddaughter.  A week of celebration to thank them (in a small way) for everything they do each day!
And then, the week ended with prom for the oldest granddaughter, and she looked gorgeous!  A pale lavender dress just looked beautiful on her, and her boyfriend had a white jacket with a pale lavender best and tie -- and he looked like he was made to dress up!  What a cute couple they made, and they had a ball!  Literally and figuratively!

This week, there are a few things going on.  We are going to the end of the year choir concert to see the boyfriend (above) perform.  Marching band practice begins for the high schoolers for next year's show, and I've got lots of housework to catch up on from all my sewing days this past week.  Last week's menu plan worked like a charm for me.  I love fruit for breakfast!  I make a huge bowl of fruit salad twice a week, and we eat fruit every morning.  I kind of switch my dinner and lunch, and am eating our main meal at about 1:00 for lunch, and a light meal for dinner.  It is working for me, and I am feeling great!  So we will continue that this week!

Here is this week's menu:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe notes and links are below.

Sunday:
Fruit Salad - This week I am mixing together strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple, apples, bananas, oranges, mandarin oranges, grapes, peaches, plums, and pears.

Gluten Free Chicken Enchiladas are from My Kitchen Life - a new recipe to celebrate Cinco de Mayo

Monday:
Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast is from The Country Cook - tried and true

Gluten Free Brownie Cheesecake is from Lazy Gluten Free - a new recipe, I don't know why she calls her blog lazy because she has some awesome recipes on there!

Tuesday:
Gluten Free Sweet-Chicken is from My Gluten-Free Kitchen - yummy over rice!  and easy!

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie is from Maebells - this sounds SO good!

Friday:
Cajun Halibut with Praline Sauce over Dirty Rice is from Everyday Annie - this is pretty fancy for me to make on a Friday night, but it sounds so good, and I think that it will come together quickly - planning to make the rice in the morning, so I just have to heat it up at dinner time.

Gluten Free Hershey's Brownies are from Hershey's - these are very very good!

Saturday:
Meatloaf is from The Country Cook - an excellent meatloaf and great on sandwiches the next day!

That's it for the coming week!  I sure hope you have a wonderful week, and that you can find a meal or two here that you can use for your family!  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment