Friday, January 26, 2018

Breakfast Blueberry Cobbler

So today is National Blueberry Pancake Day.  Love blueberries, but not a huge fan of pancakes.  Especially being gluten free.  Once in awhile I like them, but not too often.

But, since blueberries did sound good to me, I made a pancake batter and baked it up in individual ramekins.  It turned out really good, and it was more like a cobbler.  My husband wanted ice cream on his!  I made it gluten free, but if you want this NOT gluten free, just use regular flour and regular oatmeal. 

Here is the recipe:

Breakfast Blueberry Cobbler

2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
1 cup gluten free quick oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups frozen blueberries

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray 6 ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.

2.  Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, oil, and almond extract until smooth.

3.  Add the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda to the wet ingredients.  Whisk until thoroughly blended.

4.  Stir in the frozen blueberries.

5.  Scoop about 1/2 to 3/4 cup batter into each ramekin.

6.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Top should be golden brown.

You can also bake this in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish.  Just increase your baking time to 45 minutes or so, and test for doneness with a toothpick.


Hope you enjoy it!






2 comments:

  1. This sounds very good and it is a recipe that I can pass on to my gluten-free eating daughter. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your daughter enjoys it! Thanks, Susan!

      Delete