Sunday, March 17, 2024

Weekly Menu Plan 3-17 to 3-23, 2024

 


It's corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight!  I usually only make it once a year, on St. Patrick's Day, so we're all looking forward to it.  

I hope you had a great week last week, mine was very quiet but nice.  I had time to meet some friends for breakfast and for lunches, and it's always so nice to catch up with good friends!  💗

I've been sewing some Christmas baskets I'm making for my sister, she needs a total of 20.  I love making them, and I'm trying to get a good start and have them all finished by June or July.  Here are 2 of my favorites so far:



I have a blue one to work on today.

I've got my corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot, happily cooking on low for about 5 hours now.  It ought to be ready in a few more hours.  It smells good in the kitchen!  I don't use a recipe, I just peel and quarter about 5 or 6 potatoes and throw them in the crockpot.  Then I peel and cut up about 6 or 7 carrots into chunks, and into the crockpot they go.  I quarter an onion and spread that out on top of the carrots and potatoes.  After adding a little salt and pepper, I put the corned beef on top of the veggies and sprinkle the spice packet on top of the corned beef.  Then add a couple cups of beef broth or beer, and let it go for about 4 hours on high.  Then I quarter a small cabbage and jam it into the crockpot as best I can, because it's usually pretty full.  Turn it down to low, and let it go another 3 or 4 hours.  That's it!  Easy peasy!  And really yummy!

Here is the menu plan for the rest of the week:  (Notes and recipe links are below)

Sunday:

Tuesday:




Wednesday:


To make it gluten free, use 1 can gluten free cream of mushroom soup, and 1 packet of Onion Soup Mix with 1 cup of water.  Also make sure your soy sauce is gluten free.


Thursday:



Friday:

Use gluten free Panko bread crumbs

Saturday:



Make sure your soy sauce and Hoisin Sauce is gluten free



That's it for this week!  Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day, and Happy Spring!  So glad it's finally here this week!  I've been waking up to the birds chirping, and I just love that!  See you next week!


2 comments:

  1. What a great menu! I can virtually taste these dishes.
    Visiting today from SSPS 302 #54,55&56.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula! At least you won't get any extra calories by tasting virtually! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete