Sunday, January 14, 2018

Menu Plan for January 14 to January 20, 2018



These first few weeks of January have been crazy busy with icy, snowy weather, unexpected snow days, and a wonderful surprise anniversary dinner thrown by my daughter and son!  Absolutely wonderful, I am truly blessed.

Now I am looking at another very busy week, while trying to keep to my cleaning schedule and get some sewing done each day. I really like having a good dinner to look forward to each day!  I am trying to prep as much as I can in the morning.  My day is split, because in the morning I go to my daughter's house and get the youngest granddaughter on the bus after everyone else goes to work and school.  Then I come home, but go back in the later afternoon to get the same granddaughter OFF the bus and run everyone to lessons or whatever, until someone comes home to take over.  Then I go back home and eat dinner with my husband and enjoy our evenings. So dinner planning is a necessity for me!

Here is a look at this week's plan, with links and details below:


Breakfast:  (links and details)

Sunday:  Pancakes are from a box mix (I use gluten free Bisquick)

Monday:  Self explanatory

Tuesday:  I buy frozen breakfast burritos (Monterey brand) and heat in microwave

Wednesday:  Pancakes are the same as Sunday

Thursday:  I buy frozen hash brown patties at WalMart, Aldi's, or Kroger.  I think Kroger's brand is gluten free, not sure, but one of them carries gluten free hash browns and they are really good.  They bake for about 30 minutes, and get nice and crispy. 

Friday:  I buy Jimmy Dean's frozen Southern Style Chicken Biscuits.  My husband likes them, but of course I eat something else that is gluten free.

Saturday:  The Grits, Sausage, and Egg Quiche is from All Recipes;  Fried Apples are canned Luck's fried apples with a little extra cinnamon and sugar, heated on the stovetop

Dinner:  (links and details)

Sunday:  Egg Rolls are frozen from Sams Club;  Chicken Fried Rice is from Life in The Lofthouse; Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is from Betty Crocker

Monday:  Crockpot Pork Chops are thick pork chops from Sams Club with THIS SAUCE from Family Fresh Meals (it says for chicken but we love it on pork chops too!);  Boston Cream Pie is from Kraft

Tuesday:  Easy peasy day.  I use bagged salad, frozen Stouffers lasagna, frozen garlic bread, and frozen eclairs.  Salad, lasagna, and eclairs are from Sams Club.  Garlic bread I usually buy is from Aldi's.  I usually take more than half of it to my daughter's house, because it is too much for us and I can't eat it anyway due to being gluten free.  I will probably eat a leftover pork chop.  But my husband likes it, and I like to give him some variety! 

Wednesday:  I am trying this meatloaf this week because it is gluten free (I will use gluten free oats). I usually make it with a similar recipe, so will hope this one turns out! 

Thursday:  Old School Chicken and Rice is from Plain Chicken, and makes plenty to share!

Friday:  Slow Cooker Apple BBQ Ribs is from Recipes That Crock, and sounds really good! I have a busy Friday, so will probably make mac and cheese from a box that is also gluten free; Reese's Peanut Butter Poke Cake is from Six Sisters' Stuff

Saturday:  Self-explanatory

Hope you find something to try, or at least get some good ideas!  Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment