Friday, March 2, 2018

Peach Cobbler (Gluten Free)

The other day I made a really yummy peach cobbler.  It was super easy, and I have to say everyone ate it and didn't even ask if it was gluten free.  They just gobbled it up!
I used the same old recipe I usually use, except I used gluten free flour this time.  I cannot remember where I got this recipe, since I've made it many many times over the past several years.  It turned out SO GOOD!  I served it warm with vanilla ice cream - real comfort food!

Here is the recipe:  (if you want to make it with gluten, just use regular flour and one less egg)

For a printable version of the recipe, click HERE.

Peach Cobbler

1 stick of butter
1 cup of gluten free flour with xantham gum (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
28 oz. can of sliced peaches, drained
16 oz. can chunk pineapple, drained
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  In a 9 X 13 glass baking dish, melt the 1 stick of butter in the oven.

3.  In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup gluten free flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. 

4.  Whisk the milk and 2 eggs into the dry ingredients, until smooth.

5.  Remove baking dish from the oven and pour the batter over the melted butter.  DO NOT MIX.

6.  In another medium sized bowl, combine the drained peaches, drained pineapple, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

7.  Spread the fruit mixture over the batter.  DO NOT MIX.

8.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

9.  Let cool 15-20 minutes.  Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream if desired.
This recipe is linked up to Meal Plan Monday #103.






No comments:

Post a Comment