Monday, October 15, 2018

Sunday's Ham and Sweet Potatoes

How are y'all doing?  I hope your week is off to a good start!

I just wanted to share a quick photo of yesterday's dinner (at least part of it).  We had ham and sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, rolls, and apple pie for dessert.

I decided to try baking the sweet potatoes in my Instant Pot, and they turned out really great!  And so easy!  I just let the ham (which, by the way, was a spiral cut ham from Aldis and they are SO GOOD!  If you haven't tried one, you should!) stay warm in the oven while the sweet potatoes were cooking in the Instant Pot.  It took about 35 minutes to make 4 of them, and they turned out soft, creamy, and oh so good topped with butter and pumpkin pie spice!  If you have an Instant Pot, definitely try making your sweet potatoes this way.  I am definitely making these again!

When I put the sweet potatoes on the plate, I just snapped a quick picture so you could see all their yummy goodness!  The skin peeled right back (see it at the top of the sweet potato?  It kind of looks like a bay leaf!) and the insides were creamy and yum!

So easy to do!  Here is how I made them:
1.  Pour 1-1/2 cups of water in your instant pot.
2.  Use the trivet.  Scrub the sweet potatoes.  Put 4 medium sweet potatoes on the trivet in the Instant Pot.
3.  Put the lid on, make sure it's sealed, and cook them on Manual for 18 minutes.
4.  Do a natural release, about 15 minutes.
5.  Take them out, butter them, and enjoy!  I sprinkled pumpkin pie spice on the melted butter, which was really good!

All in all it took about 35 minutes to make the 4 sweet potatoes.  If you try it, let me know how yours turn out!  We all thought this was the way to make them from now on!


No comments:

Post a Comment