Sunday, October 14, 2018

Geezer Chili

Yes, it's true.  Geezer in the house.  And that makes me a Geezer-ette, I guess.

Truth is, we still like to eat the same things we've always eaten.  Except at night.  Or after 4:00 in the afternoon.  Or in large amounts.  Or as spicy.  Or as salty.  The list goes on. And on.


Enter Geezer Chili.  We still like to eat chili, but we DON'T like not being able to sleep at night because the heartburn is so bad we want to call the fire department.

This recipe is just a good, basic chili that warms you up without so much heat.  I use mild chili beans, and leave the hot sauce out to make it even more Geezer-friendly.



But this is family friendly too!  My grandkids love to eat this chili, and they each put their own little spins on it.  The youngest one eats it on top of spaghetti, topped with grated cheddar.  The oldest ones top big bowls of it with grated cheddar cheese, more chopped onions, and crackers.  I like to put it in a dish, top it with cheddar cheese, and scoop it with Frito scoops or Tostito scoops.  Grown up kids like it just as much as the younger kids and the geezers!  You can add whatever toppings you like to make it your own.  However you like it, a big bowl of chili on a chilly day can't be beat!

Here is the recipe card:
For a printable version, please click HERE.  


Hope you like it!

Click HERE to see where I share recipes.
Don't forget to check out my Pinterest boards by clicking the link in the sidebar up at the top!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes - I'm so far behind! But I wanted to make sure I thanked you for sharing at our What's for Dinner party! Hope you bring more deliciousness this Sunday! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet note! I appreciate it! Thank YOU for letting me share a recipe with you!

    ReplyDelete