Sunday, December 9, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of December 9 - 15, 2018


Warm December greetings from what is starting to feel like the village bakery!

This week I have lots of sewing and baking planned.....time to make some gifts for people I won't see again until after Christmas!

Sometimes, I find myself forgetting to make a little something for those people I see every day, or at least often, so during the year I keep a list in my sewing room to remind me.  Bus drivers, hairdresser, teachers, school office ladies, mail delivery people....just a little box of homemade treats lets them know I appreciate them and they mean something to me.  ❤🎅🎄

I am almost done decorating, but not quite!  I still have a couple of boxes to go through.  This year my husband made me a ladder shelf for my village houses.  It turned out so nice!  This picture doesn't do it justice.  But thanks to Pinterest and a handy husband, I have a display I love!

There are some animated houses, some houses my mother painted for me when I was first married, and plenty of Christmas sweetness on those shelves!  The top shelf holds a Christmas tree on the left that was painted by my mom, and on the right there is a North Pole observatory that rotates 360 degrees.  Santa is watching!

I finished the tree last night, on the opposite corner from the village.  Lots of red and white, and snowflakes dominate!
It is starting to feel all Christmas cozy in the living room!  Last night I sat in there for awhile with just the lights from the village and the tree, and it was so nice!  I love the Santa next to the tree, reading his book with the names of all the good children.  Oh, I love this time of year!

Let's get on to this week's menu plan!  I am making a roast tonight, and will have leftovers tomorrow night.  The rest of the week is quite simple and will give me time for sewing and baking!  After Christmas, though, I am looking forward to plenty of sewing time and I am going to try and make Christmas gifts each month instead of DURING the month of December!  Plan ahead, Grammy!

Here is this week's menu plan:
For a printable copy of the plan, please click HERE.
Recipe links are below.


Recipe Links:

Sunday:
Roast Beef is from Brit + Co - a little bit of planning ahead, but worth it!
Five Flavor Pound Cake is from Divas Can Cook 

Monday:
Frosted Fudge Brownies are from Taste of Home 

Tuesday:
Pork Stew is from Just a Pinch - I use pork stew meat instead of the beef stew meat, the rest of the recipe stays the same

Wednesday:
Chicken Fried Rice is from PF Chang's at Home
Gingerbread Bread Pudding is from Tournadough Alli 

Friday:
Slow Cooker Jambalaya is from Crème dela Crumb 
Millionaire Pie is from Spend with Pennies 

Saturday:
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are from Dinner Then Dessert
Hot Cocoa Cookies are from The Toasty Kitchen 

That ought to make for some yummy meals to eat after a day of preparing goodies for friends!  I hope you all have a wonderful week, and can find some good ideas here to help you make some great family dinners!

I pin on Pinterest almost every day!  If you would like to follow me there, just click on the Pinterest button at the top of the right sidebar.

To see where I share posts, click HERE.  There are some fun linky parties out there!  Tons of ideas!

Have a great week!


 

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed!!! This is too cool!!!!! I will be back!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ellen, you are too kind!! But thank you! Please DO come back - I love to have friends visit!

      Delete