Sunday, May 12, 2019

Menu Plan for May 12-18, 2019

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!  I am thinking of my own mom today, so many treasured memories of her!  I thank God for her!  I am one lucky lady to have had such wonderful, loving parents, and I don't forget it for a minute.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today.  We are going out to lunch today, and then attending our granddaughters' final symphony concert for the season this evening.  It is always fantastic, and a great way to spend Mother's Day!

Only 2 weeks of school left here for the grandkids!  It is chilly and rainy today, but it heats up into the 80's at the end of the week.  They are all so ready to be out for the summer!

This week, I am continuing my fruit salad breakfasts.  I absolutely love eating fruit in the morning, and I cannot imagine going back to a heavy breakfast.  It feels so good to start the day fresh and light! I think I have lost a few pounds, too, but I'm only weighing myself twice a month so we'll see!

The dinners this week are pretty easy, and I use gluten free ingredients as much as possible.  The desserts this week are not gluten free, and are mainly for sharing with the rest of the family.  They absolutely LOVE the Black Forest Poke Cake, and I haven't made it in awhile.  So they are getting some at the end of the week to kick off the last week of school!

Here is my menu plan for the week:
To get a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.


Monday:
Spaghetti Sauce is from Taste of Home - it is one of our favorite spaghetti sauces.  I use gluten free spaghetti noodles for me, the rest of the family gets regular spaghetti.  It is a delicious sauce!

Tuesday:
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is from Budget Savvy Diva - I will use gluten free bread crumbs and gluten free cream of mushroom soup

Pecan Cream Pie is from Together As Family

Wednesday:
Chicken Fried Rice is from Rachel Schultz on Homemaking - this is tried and true and delicious!

Pistachio Pudding Cake is from Taste of Home - my mom used to make this cake, and it is so good!  The icing is yummy!  Of course I can't eat it, but my family sure can!

Thursday:
JoJo Potatoes are from Mel's Kitchen Café - these are so yummy!

Carrot Raisin Salad is from 40 Aprons - a nice, fresh tasting salad!

Friday:
Meatloaf is from Yummy Healthy Easy - I use gluten free oats

Black Forest Poke Cake is from Served Up With Love - everyone loves this cake!  And it's so easy!



And that's a wrap for this week!  I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, and a wonderful week ahead!  As always, I hope you can find a meal plan or a recipe or two that you want to try!  Thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. Joansy, this is what I need to do. I've never been one to sit down and plan out meals for the week, and I should definitely give it a try! #HappinessIsHomemade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jean! I wish I had the talent to be like you, and not plan! But then I never have what I need, and I hate making trips to the grocery store every day! For me, it just frees up a lot of time when I plan. It takes me about 30 to 60 minutes a week to plan, but then I'm done and I don't have to think about it again until next week! More time to do other things I want to do! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you get some good ideas and recipes here!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog Joansy! I will be frequenting it often. Love your menu and will be adding that carrot-raisin salad to my meal tonight. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you stopped by! I found your blog this week, too, and I know I will be making a lot of your recipes! I am taking baby steps with trying to eat healthier, so the carrot salad fits right in the plan for more veggies. Looking forward to more visits from you!

      Delete