Sunday, May 26, 2019

Menu Plan for May 26-June 1, 2019

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  I hope you all have a safe, fun holiday while we remember and honor those who served our country.

Here in Indy, we are hoping the weather cooperates with the Indy 500.  This morning it looks good, just hoping the rain holds off until this evening!  We have gone to the race several times, but this year we will listen to it on the radio.  There is nothing like the opening ceremony, it just makes me tear up every year.  I still miss Jim Nabors and Florence Henderson!  Nobody could sing Back Home Again in Indiana like Jim Nabors!

School is out here, and it looks like a busy summer for grandma.  I am watching grandkids for several weeks while parents take some much needed vacation time.  The grandkids are in so many activities, they didn't want to go on vacation but wanted to stay here!  I find that hard to imagine!  But that's okay with me, I will get to spend some grandma time with them!

I totally forgot about Memorial Day when I was making the menu for this week!  Gheesh!  So tomorrow we are grilling out hamburgers and sausages, with potato salad and chips. Nothing fancy, everyone is busy getting ready for trips.  So that will throw my menu off a day, but I will catch up next week.  It will just show up on next week's menu, because I already grocery shopped.

Here is the menu for this week:
If you would like a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

Sunday:
Fruit Salad - I think I will always eat fruit salad for breakfast!  I have lost 9 pounds so far, and I love this light but filling breakfast!  I take whatever fruits I have, slice and dice and make a HUGE bowl of it, and eat a bowl for breakfast.  This week it is apples, bananas, clementines, peaches, nectarines, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries.

Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is from Low Carb with Jennifer - a new recipe for me but it sounds delicious!

Amish Peanut Butter Pie is from The Baking ChocolaTess - I am using a gluten free pie crust

Monday:
Creamy Pea Salad is from The Recipe Critic - love this salad!

Tuesday:
Gluten Free Lasagna is from Gluten Free On A Shoestring - I am cutting a few corners and using jarred spaghetti sauce

Wednesday:
Easy Shepherd's Pie is from Cincy Shopper - to make this gluten free, I am subbing cornstarch for the flour - use 1 tbsp of cornstarch instead of the flour

Pina Colada Fruit Salad is from Taste of Home - so fresh-tasting and summery!

Thursday:
Chicken Fried Rice is from The Cookin Chicks - this is one of my favorites and I could eat it every day!

Apple Pie is from Betty Crocker - I am not making this gluten free, because I don't want to be tempted!  I will just have the ala mode part!

Saturday:
Baked Beans are from The Chunky Chef - these are delicious!

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is from Genius Kitchen - my family loves this salad!

Gluten Free Almond Flour Brownies are from King Arthur - I have a ton of almond flour and am trying to use it up!


That's it for this week!  I hope you have a wonderful week, and that you find a recipe or two - or even a meal plan - that you like here!

No comments:

Post a Comment