Sunday, July 21, 2019

Menu Plan for Week of July 21-27, 2019

Hot enough for you?  I think most of us would say, "YES!"  Definitely ice cream weather!

This summer has flown by, I just cannot believe we are in the last full week of July!  My daughter goes back to work teaching TOMORROW already!  The grandkids go back in 2 weeks, so I will be heading over there to supervise them during the day.  I have a feeling grandpa will be taking the little one to the pool most days.  The older two are in marching band at the high school, and have practice most days all day long.  We may find some time for a little back to school shopping, too!  I always love shopping for new school supplies and clothes!  This year we have a senior in high school, a sophomore, and a third grader.  Unbelievable!

This week's menu continues to focus on not heating up the kitchen.  Although we are in for a short cool down, it only lasts a couple days and then back up to the upper 80's.  Since I'll be watching the kids for a couple weeks, I also need quick to fix meals, or foods I can prep early in the morning and finish quickly when I get home.

One thing you may notice is that I went back to breakfasts.  I am still eating a lot of fruit in the morning, but we were getting a little bored with just fruit.  So I kicked it up a little to break the monotony.

Here is this week's menu plan:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

Sunday:
Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce is from Taste of Home - these are skillet pork chops, no oven required.  I usually make 8 pork chops so we can have leftovers for lunch.  I double the sauce.  To make the sauce gluten free, I heat the milk in the skillet, and then whisk in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in some water and cook until it thickens.  This is in place of the flour.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is from Recipes Simple - I made this yesterday afternoon, and tweaked it so it is gluten free.  I made a Cinnamon Chex crust that is no bake, and the rest was gluten free. I sliced the strawberries instead of putting whole strawberries into the pie.  Last night I wanted to try it, but it was still pretty soft and didn't want to cut.  It wound up being a scoop of pie.  I will try it today and see if it slices better.

Monday:
Chicken Fried Rice is from Mantitlement - this is so good, and there are quite a few fried rice recipes on this site that sound so good!

No Bake Lemon Cheesecake is from Together As Family - another cold, creamy dessert that I will tweak to make gluten free.

Tuesday:
Gluten Free Biscuits and Gravy is from Hello Gluten Free - gluten free sausage gravy doesn't have to be complicated.  This recipe is just perfect for me.  And full disclosure, I probably won't make the biscuits but will serve the gravy over toast.  I will try the biscuits when the weather cools!

Thursday:
Creamy Pea Salad is from The Recipe Critic

Gluten Free Banana Pudding is from Let Them Eat Gluten Free Cake - I wasn't able to find the Schar gluten free shortbread cookies when I went shopping, so I am subbing gluten free vanilla wafers from Kinnikinnick

Saturday:
Oatmeal Cookie Baked Oatmeal is from Budget Bytes - I know, I caved and will use the oven!

Easy Tiramisu is from Kitchen Nostalgia - I couldn't find gluten free ladyfingers anywhere, or a reasonable substitute, so I might just make this regular and not gluten free.

So that is a wrap for this week!  I hope you find a recipe or two to use for your dinners this week!  Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment