Sunday, April 5, 2020

Weekly Menu Plan for April 5-11, 2020

It's almost that time!  Easter is next Sunday!  Let's not allow our current circumstances to prevent us from celebrating the promise of Jesus Christ, and the new life we can all have in Him!  We can still attend online church services, and worship in our homes!  I will try and post my Easter menu earlier than next Sunday.  It will be a bit different, not quite as elaborate, because it's only the 3 of us - my husband, my son, and myself.  But I will still use the good dishes and make it fancy!

As I get used to blogging again, I will try to remember to take some pictures of good recipes I've made and share them.  I always forget to take pictures!  And this week, most of my week was spent making masks to donate.  This week I will do the same, and then hopefully I will get back to my more regular projects.  Like most sewists, I ran out of elastic for the masks.  I ordered some, but it is not scheduled to ship until the week of April 13th.  When I finish this next batch, that will be it until I get my elastic.

I tried to come up with a different way to post my menus besides Powerpoint, and although I still haven't found what I like, I found one that will do for the time being.  I will make it printable as soon as I figure that out!  But for now, the visual is here and the links are below the graphic.  I am making two desserts each week, one regular and one gluten free (so I can have some!)  I adapt a lot of recipes to make them gluten free, so I don't have to cook something separate for me.  If I do that, I will list it below and tell you how I do that!  I will link recipes to the site where I found the recipe, and let you know any changes I make.  Just look at the notes below!  A lot of my recipes in my meal plans are routine ones that I make all the time, and for those I don't include a link.  If you are curious about how I make them, or you need a recipe, just leave me a comment and I will provide one!



Here is my menu plan for this week:  (I don't know why Sunday's menu is all underlined)
Almost all recipes are gluten free!  Please look at the notes to see how I adapt to make them gluten free.

Recipe Links and Notes:

Sunday:
Lemon Chicken Piccata is from All Recipes - I don't dredge the chicken with the flour mixture, I just skip that step to make it gluten free.  If you don't have capers, you can just omit, but I had a jar so I used them.
Apple Crisp is from Betty Crocker - just a good classic, and my husband loves it served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream - this is NOT gluten free, but I have several recipes for gluten free apple crisp if you need one!

Monday:
French Toast Sticks - I give my husband frozen ones.  I make mine from a piece of gluten free bread, cut into strips, dipped in egg and milk, and fried.
Crockpot Pot Roast is from Yellow Bliss Road - very delicious and pure comfort food for us!  And easy!  It is gluten free!

Tuesday:
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is from Betty Crocker - this is a gluten free recipe.  I use gluten free fettucine or spaghetti.

Wednesday:
Tomato Soup - I buy gluten free tomato soup from WalMart.  Progresso also makes Gluten Free Tomato Basil Soup.
Grilled Cheese - I make mine with gluten free bread.  I like to use Canyon Bakehouse White Bread for my grilled cheese.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake is from Hershey's - this is one of a few recipes I have, and I love them all!  This is a very easy recipe and turns out great every time.

Thursday:
Gluten Free Coffee Cake - I am making a box mix from Krusteaz for Cinnamon Coffee Cake.  It's very easy to make, and very good!
Oatmeal - I buy Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal
Meatloaf is from The Country Cook - I use 1 cup of gluten free bread crumbs in place of the 3 pieces of torn up bread

And that's it for this week!  If you have any questions or comments, please leave me a note in the Comments below.  Have a wonderful, blessed Passover week!
















No comments:

Post a Comment