Sunday, April 12, 2020

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of April 12-18, 2020

I hope you all had a blessed, Happy Easter today!  For us, it was a rather quiet day, and I scaled down what I made because it was just us!  Hopefully next year we will all be with our whole families again!

I have been very busy making masks and more masks this past week, and will keep making them this week.  I also sewed  very sweet Easter baskets for the granddaughters, and we dropped them off in their garage last night.  Two of the girls are teenagers, and the youngest is 9 years old.  I ordered a new set of cute summer pajamas for each one, and put them in the basket with some candy and some spending money.  Nothing too elaborate, but still a nice little treat for each one!

This week, we will be eating leftover ham in a variety of ways!  By the end of the week I will be about done with ham for awhile!  If there is any left, which I don't think there will be, I will freeze it.  But I think we will get it all used up!

Here is this week's menu plan.  Below it, I will list notes and recipe links.  I adapt most recipes to make them gluten free, as I am the only one in my family that has to eat gluten free meals.  And I don't like cooking 2 different meals!  So I do that as little as I possibly can.  Sometimes, my husband craves something that I can't eat, so I make it for him.  But most often, I adapt it to be gluten free.  If I change a recipe to make it gluten free, I will try and put it in the notes.

Recipe notes and links:

Sunday:
Arkansas Green Beans is from Food.com - we all love these green beans - the sauce is yummy, and the bacon adds such a great flavor!  Sometimes I make them with maple pork sausage, and it is good that way too!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake is from What The Fork - this is a delicious chocolate cake, and it is really like a regular chocolate cake!  I use a cup of decaf coffee in it, and it is delicious!  I used Bob's Red Mill Cup for Cup gluten free flour.

Monday:
Carolina Gold BBQ Chicken is from Julia's Simply Southers - this is a new recipe for me to try, and it is a grilling out recipe.  I think I will have my husband do the grilling, since it will be chilly tomorrow!  Also note it needs marinating time.
Coleslaw is from Dinner Then Dessert - we like this version a lot!

Wednesday:
For the Ham and Broccoli in Cheese Sauce, I just dice some leftover ham, and make a package of frozen broccoli cute.  After I drain the broccoli,  I stir in a jar of Stadium Cheese Sauce, or any cheese sauce will do, and the diced ham.  Sometimes I add a little water or milk to the cheese sauce to make it a little soupier.  Heat it up, and serve over baked potatoes.

Thursday:
Chicken Tenders - I use Perdue gluten free chicken tenders from the freezer section.  I usually get them at Wal Mart.

Strawberry Shortcakes - these are NOT gluten free.  I buy the sponge cake shells, usually found right by the strawberries in the fresh produce section.  I buy a carton of strawberry glaze, and a couple quarts of strawberries.  Slice the strawberries, and stir them into the glaze.  Spoon it over the sponge cake shells, and top with a nice big squirt of whipped cream.  I use Redi Whip.  For me, I just put a bunch of strawberries and glaze in a bowl and squirt with whipped cream.  Yum!

Saturday:
Ham and Macaroni Salad (which is really called Show Off Salad) is from Taste of Home - I made this salad years ago, and we just love it.  I use gluten free elbow macaroni, which really soaks up the liquid from the salad faster than regular macaroni.  So you may need to add extra mayo the next day, I usually do!  It makes a TON of salad, though, so either cut back the amounts or be ready to share it with friends or family!  I plan on taking a big bowl to my daughter's house for them to eat.  It makes plenty to share!
 So there you have it!  Another menu plan to use up all that ham!  Hope you can find an idea or two here, anything that makes your life a little simpler!  If you have any questions, please drop me a line in the comment section!  Have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment