Sunday, April 19, 2020

Weekly Menu Plan for April 19-25

Good Sunday morning!  It isn't raining yet here, but it is supposed to later.  The trees are all budded out, my flowering cherry tree is so pretty right now!  My daffodils are on done blooming, as well as my forsythia bush.  Next up should be the lilacs!  The bluebirds are busy in their birdhouse.  I just read somewhere that Mother's Day is a month away!  All these signs of hope and new life, that nature comes alive again after being dormant, is extra meaningful to me this year during our quarantine time.  Never stop being thankful and amazed at what God is doing!

We finished up the ham last week, woohoo!  It was tough going there at the end!  But we hung in there and didn't waste any of it.  We squeezed ham into most breakfasts, most lunches, and some dinners.  My husband reminded me last night that there is another ham in the freezer, and we had a good laugh.  Maybe in a month or two, but right now, um....no.



This week's menu has a little more variety!  And I am looking forward to that!  I am still using the same menu format, but I'm not really liking it too much.  It serves the purpose, I guess, but I still wish I had powerpoint on this computer!  I miss it!

Here is this week's menu.  Notes and recipe links are below.  Most of the recipes are adapted to make them gluten free, and if I do that I will put it in the notes below.

Notes:
Sunday:

Blueberry Pancakes are from Mama Knows Gluten Free - probably my most favorite gluten free blog ever!  Everything I have made has from her blog has been yummy!

Spaghetti and Meatballs - I use frozen meatballs from Sams Club that are gluten free.  I make gluten free spaghetti noodles for me, and regular pasta for everyone else.

Twinkie Tiramisu is from Just A Pinch - this is NOT gluten free, but my family loves all those twinkie desserts, and they also love tiramisu, so this one is for them!

Monday:

Easy Baked Pork Chops are from Yellow Bliss Road - easy and yummy!

Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are from Spend With Pennies - I use gluten free mushroom soup from Walmart, the rest of the ingredients are all gluten free!

Tuesday:

Gluten Free French Toast is from The Savvy Saving Couple - I use whatever gluten free bread I have on hand, but I really like this with gluten free Texas toast from En-Er-G.

Gluten Free Orange Chicken is from Flippin Delicious - new recipe for me this week!

Egg Rolls - I buy frozen gluten free egg rolls from Fresh Thyme, and regular egg rolls from Sams Club

Wednesday:

Hash Brown Quiche is from Jamie Cooks It Up - yummy and a special treat for mid-week!

Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast is from Yellow Bliss Road - we like the peppery taste of the meat, and it is so good served over mashed potatoes!

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie is from Maebells - another new recipe for me to try!

Thursday:

Gluten Free Potato Soup is from Maebells also - the cream cheese makes it nice and thick and rich

Friday:

I use frozen Jenni-O turkey burgers and frozen French fries - easy!

Saturday:

Southern Baked Beans are from Dinner Then Dessert - we all love these beans!  It makes a lot!

Strawberry Banana Salad is from Spend With Pennies - a nice, cool creamy salad that can also double as a dessert.

There you have it!  It's what we will be eating this week!  If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comment box below.  I hope you have a wonderful week, and that we can see the light at the end of this quarantine tunnel!



No comments:

Post a Comment