Monday, November 23, 2020

Weekly Menu Plan Nov. 22-28, 2020

 

Hello!  

I am so sorry to be late this week!  I had a super busy weekend, and today and tomorrow I am watching the youngest granddaughter, as she is off of school for the week but her parents are not!  My daughter has to work today and tomorrow, then she is off the rest of the week.  So I have not had much free time!

Since this is a holiday week, I am preparing easy to make meals most evenings.  And since everyone seems to overeat a bit on Thanksgiving, I am trying to scale back a little bit on the rest of the meals.  Maybe that will help us not gain several pounds this week!

We are going to my daughter's home for Thanksgiving.  There will be 8 of us.  I see them every day anyway, so it's not like I will be exposed to anything new!  Usually she invites a whole lot of other family members, but this year we are her only guests.  So it will be a bit smaller scale than usual.  

Because of that, I am not making much.  She is having the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pies.  I am making a big salad, a jello salad, some roasted vegetables, and a brownie/pumpkin cheesecake.

I do not ask her to make anything gluten free, because I am the only gluten free person in the family.  So here is what I do:  

Turkey is gluten free, but no gravy for me.

Mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans are gluten free, and I do not put gravy on the mashed potatoes.

All the veggies are gluten free.  

I bring my own rolls (actually I bake some gluten free biscuits and I will take a couple of them over.)

For dessert, I bake a crustless pumpkin pie, which my daughter said she will do.  My son requested the brownie pumpkin cheesecake, and I still have to find the recipe he is talking about and make that.  It is not gluten free.

Here is my menu for this week.  I hope you get an idea or two to make your life easier this week!  


Even in these difficult times, we still have so much to be thankful for, especially our Heavenly Father who is filled with forgiveness, grace, and mercy.  
Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving!  See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment