Sunday, November 29, 2020

Weekly Menu Plan 11-29 to 12-5, 2020

 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

It's that time again, right?  This year has seemed like the slowest year ever, and at the same time it has flown by!  How can that be??  But here we are, approaching December and the end of 2020!  I can't say I'm sorry to see 2020 go, but then again, we have all learned a lot this year, haven't we?

I am ready to start baking cookies.  I normally don't make many cookies, but for some reason I am in the mood to bake them.  I have been pinning away on Pinterest, with lots of new cookie recipes to try.  Some are gluten free, some are not.  I plan on giving most of them away, so most I make will not be gluten free.

This week's menu has some links to recipes that, even though they are not gluten free, are easily adapted to be gluten free.  I use gluten free cream of mushroom soup from Walmart whenever a recipe calls for regular cream of soup.  I use gluten free gravy mixes in place of regular gravy mixes, and no one ever knows the difference.  I often substitute rice for pasta, or use gluten free pasta.  Most recipes are easy to switch over to gluten free.  Baking is a different story.  Whenever I try to convert a regular recipe to gluten free, it's a toss-up whether it will turn out or not.  Sometimes it's great, sometimes I just pitch it.  I have to be very selective in what I attempt, because gluten free baking supplies don't come cheap!  I hate to waste them!

Here is this week's menu plan.  It's a pretty simple week, and I am trying to use recipes that allow me to prep a lot of it in the morning or early afternoon.  That way, getting dinner on the table is much quicker, and I like that!  Here you go:


As always, I hope you find something you like and can use for your family!  Take care, and
have a wonderful week!  


2 comments:

  1. Love what you do and also your holiday pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Linda! I'm glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you again soon!

      Delete