Sunday, August 1, 2021

Menu Plan for Aug. 1-7, 2021

 

Hi there!

I'm back by wildly popular demand!  That is, if you consider 1 person checking up on me, to be wildly popular!  🤣

Explanation of my absence:  I got lazy.  I guess I just needed a break from cooking and cleaning and blogging.  While I was gone, mostly I sewed.  Lots and lots of bags and a few other things.  I sewed and sewed, and we ate a lot of sandwiches and salads, and went out to eat a lot.  And I watched my soaps almost every. single. day.  We also took a two week vacation to Disney World, with my daughter and her family, and had the best time I've had in a long time.  But I'm behind on cooking and cleaning, and need to get back in a routine.  The granddaughter I babysit goes back to school this week on Thursday, so that should get me back in the swing of things.  And thank you Linda, for checking up on me, because that motivated me to stop sewing and looking at fabric all day, and to have more of a healthy balance.  

I am working on a cleaning schedule that will work for me.  I have tried lots of different schedules on Pinterest, as well as Fly Lady.  It all works for awhile, but then I miss a day or two and the whole thing gets thrown off.  I wind up doing way too little, while I need to do A LOT.  So, I am trying to be realistic and motivated at the same time.  I need to follow a routine, and I like to pre-plan my week ahead as much as possible.  I get so much more done that way!  I am about 1/3 of the way done figuring out a workable cleaning schedule.  Right now, I have post it notes and pieces of paper shoved in my planner, ready to organize.  My biggest schedule breaker is SEWING!  If I start feeling like chores are getting in the way of my sewing time, I always break away from cleaning and head to my sewing room.  I would rather bake and sew than do anything else!  But that is not good in the long term, nope.  I need to do better.

Menu planning for this week was actually fun.  I am cutting out so many desserts, but not all desserts.  I have to have something sweet and yummy to look forward to each day, are you feeling it, too?  It just makes the day so much brighter!  I love having a cookie, or a piece of pie or cake, or some kind of treat, in the evening after dinner.  It's just a luxury that I love!  Sometimes I sneak a little treat in during the day, too, depending on what I'm doing.  I've got a sweet tooth, that's for sure.

Here you go, take a look at this week's menu plan.  I've already got the Gluten Free Chicken Enchiladas ready for the oven tonight.  It smells pretty good - it's been making me hungry all day!  

     

It feels good to get back to menu planning!  I sure do hope you find something here you can use - either a main dish to try, or a complete menu, or even a dessert!  
Thank you for stopping by!  You know, it's a big world out there, and it's nice to know we have blog friends to share our days with.  Please come back often, as I'm planning on coming completely out of my cocoon to keep sharing!  
Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks like some very yummy recipes. I would also like to see the cleaning schedule. Do you have an e-mail address?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! The chicken enchiladas were very good! But I think the next time I make them I will double the filling, just bake the filling by itself, and serve it on top of crunchy tostadas. The chicken filling was really good!
      I am working on my cleaning schedule as we speak! I am playing around with a couple ideas, but I'm almost finished. I will post it maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, as soon as I am sure it's what I want!
      You can email me anytime at thequeenoflatebloomers@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and talk to you soon!

      Delete