Sunday, November 26, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 11-26 to 12-2, 2023

 

Here we go again!  Jumping feet first into the holiday season!  

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We did, and I can't believe how this weekend flew by.  We got the Christmas tree up, but I haven't put any ornaments on it yet.  My Christmas village has 50 or 60 some houses now, and that's my husband's job.  We'll see if he gets them all up and running.  I have my doubts!  :)  He brought the ladder down from the attic that many of the houses are placed on.  He made the ladder from a Pinterest post, and it's really quite cute.  He places shelves over the steps, covers them with snow, and gets them all hooked together so they light up and do all their little animations.  But the houses now overflow onto the hearth of the fireplace, and then some.  It's a lot to do!

Since I didn't cook for Thanksgiving, we didn't have leftovers.  So I'm back to cooking.  I don't know how she makes her turkey, but it turns out so moist and flavorful!  Every year it just gets better and better!

This week, I am going to try and get some Christmas sewing and baking done.  I have a couple projects cut out, I just need to get busy on them.  It's rainy and dark today, and I am not one bit motivated to do anything but sit and watch TV!

Here's this week's menu plan.  It was hard to plan this week, because I still feel full from Thanksgiving!  I'm hoping this week is fairly uneventful so I can get some things done.  I started Christmas shopping, and have a little bit done, but I need to do lots more!

As usual, recipe notes and links are below:


Sunday


Gluten Free Orange Dream Pie is from Taste of Home - I am using a gluten free graham cracker crust that I buy at Wal Mart.  The rest of the recipe is gluten free.

Monday

Crockpot Western Omelet is from Taste of Home - I usually prep this in the evening in the crockpot, and then I turn the crockpot on about 5:00 AM.  I just get up, run downstairs and turn the crockpot on low, and then go back to bed for a couple hours.  It's usually ready by 10:00, so we eat a late breakfast and then usually just skip lunch.

Baked Cod is from Yes to Yolks - this is the BEST recipe for baked fish I have ever eaten!  I'm not a huge fan of fish, but this is really good.  I use gluten free panko bread crumbs that I buy from Wal Mart.

Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice is from Food Lovin' Family - just be sure to use gluten free soy sauce if you're making it gluten free

Tuesday

Gluten Free Cranberry Apple Crisp is from A Fork's Tale - this is not written as a gluten free recipe.  So I substitute with gluten free flour and gluten free oats.  Then just follow the recipe, no other changes needed.

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan is from My Recipe Reviews

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms are from Mama Knows Gluten Free - I love these!

Wednesday

Big Mac Salad is from Wholesome Yum - we love this salad!

Thursday

Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili is from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes - this is a new one for me, but it sounds really good!  Gotta try it!

Cranberry Christmas Cake is from Barefeet in the Kitchen - this is one of those recipes I make every Christmas season.  It is one of my all-time favorites!  It turns out so well gluten free.  I just sub the regular flour with King Arthur Gluten Free Flour.  The batter is super thick.  But it turns out great every time!  My daughter and I could eat this one all by ourselves!

Friday

Gluten Free Breakfast Burritos are from Mommy Hates Cooking - we love these!  I make the sausage and the hash browns the day before, then just reheat and add the rest of the ingredients.

Saturday

Gluten Free Eggs Benedict Casserole is from Mama Knows Gluten Free - anything from this site is delicious!  I love Audrey Roberts!

Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos are from 365 Days of Baking and More - I made extra chicken on Sunday for the Alfredo, shredded it, and stuck it in the freezer for these nachos.

Cherry Kuchen Bars are from Easy Weeknight Recipes - again, I am subbing King Arthur Gluten Free Flour for the regular flour.  If it seems too dry, I add an extra egg.  But I usually don't change a thing, other than the gluten free flour.


I can't believe I'm saying this, but that takes us into DECEMBER!  Where did 2023 go???  When time flies this fast, I know I am REALLY GETTING OLD!  

Have a wonderful week, everyone!  I hope you find a meal idea or two here that you can use!  Take care, and I will see you next week!


2 comments:

  1. You've got a great collection here - printed a few off! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just in case you were looking at the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, it was delicious! There is definitely enough left for a couple lunches. But, I bought 2 jars of Prego Alfredo Sauce thinking I would have one for the future, but I used almost all of both jars. The pasta really soaked up the sauce! The extra sauce made it nice and creamy, not dry at all! Thanks for visiting again, I always light up when I see you've been here! Also, I'm posting about the Crockpot Western Omelet in just a minute. I tweaked the recipe a bit! Enjoy your week, thanks again for stopping by! And thanks for hosting the What's For Dinner party!

      Delete