Monday, November 27, 2023

Crockpot Western Omelet

 



It's me again, just popping in for a minute.

This morning I made the Crockpot Western Omelet from this week's menu plan, and I changed something about the recipe I thought you might want to know, if you decide to make it!

After a long talk with my sister last night about getting up at 5AM to turn on the crockpot, she convinced me to do it differently.  She said she would NEVER get up to do that, and thought it was a dumb idea.  She suggested I just assemble it in the morning and bake it.  She also suggested that we just go out to breakfast.  🤣🤣   Did I mention that she's a GENIUS??  Why did I never think of that?  Sometimes I wonder how I figure out how to get dressed in the morning.

So, this morning, I got up at my usual time.  I assembled the casserole by just layering the ingredients.  I didn't even thaw the hash browns.  I put frozen hash browns on the bottom, just half a bag, then cubed ham, then a chopped onion and green pepper, then cheese, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, then poured the egg mixture over it all.  I baked it at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, and I have to tell you - it was better than in the crockpot!  Really good!  Nothing was mushy, it was all perfectly cooked and my husband agreed it was better this way.

Here's what it looked like:


Is that not the worst picture ever taken of food for a blog?  I'm kind of in a hurry.  I just wanted to let you see how it turned out.  Of course, we ate the first part of it already.  I think that making it this way, so that it's more spread out, helped it get done evenly.  It's not nearly as thick as it is in the crockpot, but that's a good thing.  No mushy parts, everything was done just right.

So there's my update!  You might want to try making it this way, although the crockpot is good too.  We just like it this way better!

Now go have a great day, and see you in a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment