Sunday, November 5, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 11-5 to 11-11, 2023

 

Happy November!

Blink once, and it will be Thanksgiving.  Blink twice, and you'll be seeing Santa's feet coming down the chimney.  It's hard to believe it's November, but it's twice as hard to believe that the holidays will be here in a couple weeks.  It's time to get full-on ready for the holidays!

I spend way too much time looking like the girl in the picture.  But I love to curl up on the couch and just watch the weather outside!  It's actually been a beautiful fall here, just a couple cold days.  The rest of the days have been sunny, in the 60's, and very breezy.  Watching the leaves fall is just mesmerizing!  

I'm still in a comfort food state of mind.  Fall weather just seems to bring that feeling out in everyone - just cozy suppers and jammies and TV after that.  Now that our clocks have been turned back, it will really be cozy in the evenings!

Here is what I came up with for this week.  Recipe links and notes are below.

Recipe Links and Notes:

Sunday:

Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut is from Momsdish - simple but so good over mashed potatoes!

Gluten Free Bread Pudding is from Gluten Free Easily - the first time I made this, my husband and son ate half the pan before I even served it for dessert!  

Monday:

Gluten Free Waffles are from Maple and Thyme

Fried Apples are from Taste of Southern

Gluten Free Italian Cream Cake is from Caramel and Cashews - I can't wait to make this!  I've made lots of regular Italian Cream Cakes for my family, and I'm excited to be able to try it!

Tuesday:

Amish Baked Oatmeal is from All Recipes - I love Amish recipes, and this one is a keeper

Wednesday:

Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings is from Mama Knows Gluten Free - love love love this!

Gluten Free Cherry Pie is from Gluten Free Palate - I use a premade gluten free crust

Thursday:

Gluten Free Breakfast Bake is from Betty Crocker

Gluten Free Snickers Cake is from Caked by Katie - I'm just making this a regular 2 layer cake. It really is not complicated to make!

Friday:

Baked Cod is from Yes To Yolks - this is my new favorite recipe!  I made it a week or two ago, and it was SO GOOD!  I use gluten free panko bread crumbs.

Gluten Free Spinach Souffle is from Eat Gluten Free - This is a new one for me.  I used to love the Stouffers frozen Spinach Souffle, so we'll see if this is a good substitute!

Saturday:

Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts are from Cupcakes and Kale Chips

Gluten Free Potsticker Noodle Bowls are from Iowa Girl Eats

And that should do it for this week!  I think I overdid it on the desserts, but I have lots of people I can share with.  ;)  I hope you all have a FANTASTIC week, and I wish you many cozy, happy meals with your family and friends!  Take care!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you stopped by - please come back and visit again soon!

      Delete
  2. I love your menus. I always get ideas from it. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - hope your week has been great and we see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you just made my day! I'm so glad you get some ideas for planning your menus. I've been cooking meals for my family for over 40 years, and sometimes it's such a challenge! I hope I can make it easier for all of you! That's my goal, anyway! I've had a great week and I have my menus all set for next week. Thanks for hosting the What's For Dinner party - I love sharing at your party!

      Delete
  3. I was so happy to see Tater Tots on your menu! I have been surprised by how many folks here on the West coast are not familiar with them but they are a favorite with us...even more than fries. Great meals this week, I am impressed by the desserts every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Tater Tots too! I make them either in the oven or the air fryer, both ways they come out nice and crispy. I'm so glad you stopped by, Lizz! As for the desserts...I have to admit that after dinner, almost every night, I am looking for something to nibble on while I watch TV or sew or knit. Being gluten free, I can't just nibble on anything! So I decided a long time ago that I would make dessert so we could all have a cup of tea and a little something before bedtime. It's a habit now! If I don't make a dessert, we all miss it. I have lots of friends and family to share the desserts with, and I do make sure I give a lot of it away. I'm chubby enough as it is! :) But more than enough manages to find its way to my hips! LOL
      Thanks for stopping by! Please come back often, I'd love to see you!

      Delete
  4. I envy you over there with thanksgiving to look forward to, but I am really looking forward to Christmas. Your menu looks so comforting, now that it is Winter for you. Summer here in Australia is a whole different story, but wonderful. Lovely post, and your Autumn Leaves are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I'm looking forward to Christmas, too, as I love the holiday season. Summer in Australia will sound pretty good when it's January here and the snow is piled up! I'm so happy you are visiting my blog all the way from Australia - I hope you come back again and again, I would love to see you! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. We like a good menu plan in our house, although we mainly only focus on dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marg! I hope you find an idea or two here that you can use for your dinners! Thanks so much for visiting, and please come back often!

      Delete