Sunday, January 21, 2024

Weekly Menu Plan 1-21 to 1-27-04, 2024

 

 
Not a happy camper this week.  Frigid temps, snow, school delays and closings, too cold to go out.  January.  Not my favorite month, definitely.  I'm so glad we are entering the LAST FULL WEEK OF JANUARY.  Hard to believe, right?  It seems like we just finished Christmas.  And it looks like, after today, we are heading into the 30's, 40's, and even 50's by the end of the week!  This morning it was -3 degrees when I got up.  So the forecast is looking good to me!  I know I am so spoiled living in Indiana!  I don't know how people can stand winter living in places like the UP in Michigan, or the New England states.  I think I would lose my mind.  

Then there's February, right around the corner.  For some reason, although it's the shortest month, it seems like the longest month to me.  I think it's because there's nothing really going on in February (other than Valentine's Day), and everyone is getting restless to go outside and see spring.  And this year is a leap year, so it's almost as long as a regular month.  So, to look on the positive side, we're almost halfway through the longest part of winter.  The days are starting to get longer, and pretty soon we'll be seeing tulips and daffodils popping up.  Right?  Right???

We're still eating from the freezer.  We ran to the grocery store for milk, eggs, bread, and coffee creamer.  That was it!  Maybe later this week I'll do a regular shopping trip.  

Here's what I came up with for this week.  Just emptying out that freezer!

Sunday:

Breakfast:  Ham and Cheese Omelet, Gluten Free Danish

Dinner:  Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Tomato Soup

Dessert:  Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Monday:

Breakfast:  Cream of Rice Cereal, leftover Gluten Free Danish, Yogurt

Dinner:  Herb Roasted Turkey Breast, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli

Dessert:  Leftover cake from yesterday

Tuesday:

Breakfast:  Instant Oatmeal, Hard Boiled Egg, Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Bread

Dinner:  Gluten Free Alfredo Sauce with Turkey and Broccoli over Gluten Free Pasta, Salad

Dessert:  Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie (I use a purchased gluten free pie crust)

Wednesday:

Breakfast:  Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole, Toast

Dinner:  Gluten Free Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas

Dessert:  Leftover Pie from yesterday

Thursday:

Breakfast:  Leftover Breakfast Casserole from yesterday

Dinner:  Clean Out The Fridge Night - choose your own adventure! :)

Dessert:  Again, whatever is left from the week!

Friday:

Breakfast:  Gluten Free High Protein Waffles, Sausage Links

Dinner:  Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi (purchased frozen from Sams Club), Rice, Green Beans

Dessert:  Gluten Free Lemon Ice Box Pie - use gluten free graham cracker pie crust (purchased)

Saturday:

Breakfast:  Leftover High Protein Waffles from yesterday, Bacon

Dinner:  Gluten Free Frozen Chicken Tenders, Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese (purchased Kraft), Corn

Dessert:  Leftover Pie from yesterday


Here's to better weather and good health:
I hope you have a great week!  Make the most of it - I am going to focus on sewing this week!  Take care and see you next week!

4 comments:

  1. How fun to find you! I'm visiting via the "Happiness is Homemade" link up. My blogging partner and I are friends and retired kindergarten teachers. We live in Minnesota and started our own blog after retirement and once we became grandmas. It's called "Our Grand Lives." We'd love to have you stop by!

    I'm also thrilled to see all the gluten free meal ideas. My husband has an autoimmune condition and recently went gluten free so I'm always on the look out! So glad to discover your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I'm so happy to meet you! I will definitely head over to your blog. I taught kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade over the course of my teaching career. It's so nice to meet fellow retired teachers!
      I've been gluten free many years now, so if I can help you in any way, please let me know.
      Thanks so much for the nice comment!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for participating and sharing at SSPS 294. See you again next week!
    I love the recipe links you shared, Will come back and check out more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting! Please come back often, I hope you find something you can use!

    ReplyDelete