Sunday, August 26, 2018

Strawberry Banana Salad



Don't you just love Sunday morning breakfasts?  I don't know why they feel different than the rest of the week, but they sure do!  I just love my Sunday morning coffee, and looking out at the fields behind my home.  Nothing like it!

This morning as I was sipping my coffee, looking out the window, I started thinking about the coming week.  I don't know if it's because I'm retired or because I'm getting lazier, but it's always a challenge to keep up with my household chores.  I work much better if I have a plan for the week - the same as menu planning!  If I don't plan and put it on my TO DO list, I just don't get much done.  

I don't have an elaborate plan!  I pretty much do the same chores each day - cooking, dishes, beds, sinks, toilets, and laundry.  But I focus on one room each day, and just keep rotating the days.  That way each room gets a cleaning several times each month, and things keep straightened up this way.  So this week, besides doing my routine daily chores, the rooms I will focus on are:

Sunday: Dining Room
Monday:  Laundry Room
Tuesday:  Foyer
Wednesday:  Kitchen
Thursday:  Sunroom
Friday:  Master Bedroom
Saturday:  Den

It usually doesn't take me more than an hour or so to dust, straighten, vacuum/mop, and dust baseboards.  That way I have the rest of the day to do my daily chores and sew, shop, or whatever!

Last week, I made the Strawberry Banana Salad from Spend With Pennies.  She has a WONDERFUL blog with all kinds of great recipes!  If you haven't visited her site, take a look!  It's like buying a new cookbook at the store!


Like I usually do, I tweaked the recipe just a little bit.  I am absolutely positive it would be delicious as originally written!  But, my reasons for tweaking are:  I had a ton of rapidly ripening bananas, I just bought 4 pints of blueberries because Meier had them on sale 4 for 5 dollars, and I had 3 quarts of strawberries in the fridge.  Also, I forgot to buy plain Greek yogurt and only had lemon flavored on hand.   So here is my recipe, tweaked just a tad - and I have to tell you it is SO GOOD!  It is light, fresh, cold, creamy, just so yummy!  Perfect for a summer meal side dish!  

For a printable recipe, please click HERE.  



I hope you enjoy it!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous! It makes a lot though. How long did it last? Thanks, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia! Yes it did make a TON of fruit salad! It lasted 2 days, but by the third day it was runny so I had to pitch what was left. But the first two days it was delish! Luckily my kids and grandkids ate some the second day, so there wasn't too much wasted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good salad to make and serve when I am serving a "light" lunch when some of our groups get together for like Mexican Train, Canasta, or Farkle. Will remember it. Thanks again - Patricia

      Delete