Sunday, September 23, 2018

Apple Cobbler Oatmeal

Fall.  Apples.  Pumpkins.  It's so predictable, but so right!  The first hint of fall weather and all I crave are apples in EVERYTHING and pumpkin spice.  

This morning I got up and was ready to make Apple Cinnamon Waffles, but I just didn't feel like making them today.  What I wanted was a nice big bowl of oatmeal, and apple pie.  Just one of those crazy cravings!

So, I made Apple Cobbler Oatmeal instead.  Just throw everything in a big bowl, mix it up real good, and bake it.  Easy as pie! Even easier!

The kitchen smelled like apple heaven, and breakfast tasted like a warm apple pie oatmeal cookie.  So good!  Just perfect for this morning - and any morning, for that matter!

I ate mine plain.
But my husband poured some warmed milk on his.  He said warm milk on Apple Cobbler Oatmeal makes it breakfast, but tonight vanilla ice cream on it will make it dessert!  Great idea!

However you eat it, I think you'll enjoy a taste of fall with every bite!

Here is the recipe card:
For a printable recipe card, please click HERE.


Enjoy your breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will definitely have to give this a try. We may have our first frost later this week. Gotta bring my plants in from outside today. The problem is I don't know where I am going to put them. I need a green house for sure. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you like it! It is supposed to turn much cooler here tomorrow, and even though I am looking forward to it, I still dread winter! A greenhouse sounds like a good project for the mister!! :)

      Delete