Saturday, September 22, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of September 23 to 29, 2018

I blinked and here we are at the last full week of September!  Yesterday was hot and humid, then today it turns to fall and it is chilly and rainy!  Summer just skidded to a stop!

We have had a fun September, full of birthdays, marching band contests, and football games.  I can't wait to see what October brings!  Fall fun!

We had some major hits from last week's menu plan.  The Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast was a huge success.  I added a can of gluten free cream of mushroom soup to the ranch dressing and onion soup mixes, and wow!  It was so good!  Also, Trisha Yearwood's Crockpot Pork Loin was delicious! I wound up watching the grandgirls last night so Mom and Dad could have a date night, and made them the Chicken Chow Mein from Dinner At The Zoo.  They gobbled it up and raved about it!  I didn't try it because it had wheat noodles, but judging from their statements it was delicious!

So on to this week's menu.  The cooler week ahead called for some soup, and I'm using up a lot of frozen chicken I have in the freezer.  Every time I go to Sams Club I buy a big bag of frozen chicken tenderloins, and when I opened the freezer this week it looked like the Tyson factory exploded in there!  So I thought I better use up some more of it!

Here is my menu for the week:
If you would like a printable version of the menu, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.
Recipe links:

Sunday:
Apple Cinnamon Waffles are from Betty Crocker
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken is from The Recipe Critic

Monday:
Sausage 'N Sauerkraut is from Taste of Home - this is one of my favorites!  I don't know why we love this so much, but it is just so good, and easy!  We always have it over mashed potatoes.  Pure comfort food here!
Apple Butter Bread is from Lemon Drop - This is a bread machine recipe.  It is the only way I make homemade bread!  Love my bread machine for both regular and gluten free breads!
Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake is from Plain Chicken

Tuesday:
Chicken Noodle Soup is from Iowa Girl Eats - this is a really great gluten free recipe! I like to use Rice Noodles that you find in the Chinese food section.  Everyone likes them!
Apple Praline Pie is from The Cottage Journal - never made this one before, and I can't wait to try it!

Thursday:
Chicken Pot Pie is from Dizzy, Busy, and Hungry
Fried Apples are from Deep South Dish
Chocolate Mousse is from Southern Bite

Friday:
Tuna Pasta Salad is from Five Dollar Dinners

Saturday:
3 Ingredient Pork Chops are from Plain Chicken
Ho Ho Cake is from Six Sisters Stuff

And that wraps it up for the last week of September! Hope your first week of fall is a good one!!

View here for places I party and share - you will find an amazing amount of posts with recipes and crafts!


No comments:

Post a Comment