Tuesday, September 4, 2018

No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Pie



I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  We enjoyed ours, and due to a last minute change in plans, I had to come up with a quick dessert to take to a picnic.

I only had about 5 hours notice, and it was SO. HOT. I couldn't think of baking anything!  I took a quick look in my pantry, and thankfully I had stocked up on pre-made graham cracker crusts.  I decided a cream pie would be quick, and as I checked my canned pie fillings, I saw a can of Key Lime Crème pie filling I had bought last month.  I always make my own Key Lime pie filling, but I had never seen it in a can before!  So into the cart it went, because I was curious to see if it was any good.  It is made by Duncan Hines, and I got mine at Meier.  

I only had 1 can, so I knew I had to add something else.  I always keep cream cheese in the fridge, so I took 2 pkgs. out, and was debating how to make a key lime cheesecake filling when I spotted a few cans of sweetened condensed milk in the pantry.  Voila!  The dessert was born!  I pulled a tub of Cool Whip out of the freezer, and an hour later was ready to assemble the pie.



There was a lot of filling, and you can't really tell from the picture, but I mounded it all up nice and high like a Mile High Pie!  It was nice and thick and creamy - and I saved the last little bit for me to sample.  The crust wasn't gluten free, but the filling was, and it was quite delicious!

It only took a few minutes to mix up, and I put it right in the fridge to set.  I like creamy pies to set up nicely, and not run when you slice it.  In fact, I like all my pies that way!  Too much juice just makes a soggy mess!  So I was hoping it would set up nice and firm, and it did!

Here is a fresh slice of pie, and look how creamy and yummy it looks!  Everyone loved it!  It had a nice hint of lime, not as much as a regular key lime pie, but still you could definitely taste it.  It was cold, creamy, and very refreshing!  I think you will like it!  And it couldn't be much easier to whip up!

Here is the recipe:
For a printable version, please click HERE.

I am linking this up to Meal Plan Monday #129 at Southern Bite.

For more ideas on what to serve this week, check out my Weekly Menu Plans.  Click HERE to see this week's menu plan.  Hope you find something you like!


2 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy! We live in Mississippi and it's still in the high nineties most days so a nice creamy, cold pie sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Yes, this is a great pie for these hot, humid summer days! I am in Indiana, and it is still in the low 90's here too. Looking forward to some fall weather!

      Delete