Sunday, September 2, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan Sept. 2 to 8, 2018

Happy September!  This year is flying by, but I have to admit I love this time of year!

Even though it is still hot and humid here, you can feel fall in the air.  The mornings are a bit cooler, there is a gentle breeze blowing almost all day, and just the way the sun shines on the trees looks like fall is near.  And of course the sun is coming up later in the morning, and going down earlier in the evenings.  Time to start more inside time!  I am looking forward to some cozy, candle-lit nights cross-stitching and watching some favorite old movies.  And maybe a caramel apple or two!

I think it is so important to make good meals for my family.  First off, it is one way I nurture them.  I take time to plan for them, I take time to prepare food for them, and I take time to care for them.  In the world today, I see so many moms that are just too busy to nurture their families.  They have so many responsibilities outside of their homes, that no one has much time to nurture what is INSIDE their homes.  Families need taken care of!  They need moms and grandmas that TAKE time to SPEND time with them!  My family includes, for me, a husband, children, and grandchildren.  There are plenty of people for me to love and care for around here! And there are plenty of days when my grown kids don't have time to think about meal time, so I try to help out as often and as much as I can.  That is why I cook like I do, so there is always plenty to go around!  And believe me, it does go around!

That being said, my kids (jokingly, I hope) often call me Marie Barone!  You know, Doris Roberts' character on Everybody Loves Raymond!  Yep, that is pretty much me.  And my husband is pretty much Frank!!

But enough about that!  Let's get on to this week's menu plan!  We are grilling this weekend, and then it's back to routine cooking and cleaning for me!  I am so looking forward to baking some yummy fall treats as soon as this heatwave ends!  I did include a couple apple recipes in this week's menu, even though I haven't made it to the apple orchard yet!

For a printable version of my menu plan, please click HERE.
Recipe links are below.

Sunday:
German Apple Pancakes are from Smoked 'N Grilled
Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken is from Plain Chicken
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars is from Just So Tasty

Monday:
Best Ever Potato Salad is from Brown Eyed Baker
Peach Crisp is from Tastes Better From Scratch

Tuesday:
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal is from Quaker Oats
Sausage Quiche is from Genius Kitchen
Southern Ambrosia Salad is from The Country Cook

Wednesday:
Classic French Toast is from Tastes Better From Scratch

Thursday:
Tuna Macaroni Salad is from The Country Cook

Saturday:
Paula Deen's Apple Pie is from Something Swanky (although technically I guess it's from Paula Deen!)

That's it for this week!  I hope you find something that you and your family enjoy!

No Bake Twinkie Cake is also from The Country Cook - my family loves this dessert!

That's it for this week!  I hope you and your family have a great week!

This menu was shared at Coffee With s 3 Pintastic Party #225!




No comments:

Post a Comment