Friday, October 5, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of Oct. 7 to 13, 2018

So far, except for a few chilly days, fall has been more like summer here.  Mid to upper 80's all week this week, and the same for next week.  I'm ready for some sweater weather!  Not too cold, just enough to make you want to snuggle under a blanket on the couch and sip some hot tea.  The weatherman says it is coming at the end of next week.  I'll believe it when I see it.

But somehow the leaves didn't get the memo that summer hasn't left yet, and they are beginning to turn into hints of red and gold.  I think this might be one of those gorgeous, colorful falls!  Time will tell!

I have a super busy weekend planned, so I am posting next week's menu tonight....just in case I run out of time this weekend!  I needed some easy meals this week, as we have a couple granddaughters in band and orchestra and they have concerts this week.  So the meals this week give me time to prep or bake in the morning, and then take care of last-minute prep right before dinner.

Here is this week's menu plan:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe notes are below.


Sunday:
Easy K-D Taco Supper is from Genius Kitchen - quick, easy, and good!  I use gluten free macaroni and cheese so I can eat it too!  Kids really like this!
Five Flavor Pound Cake is from Divas Can Cook

Monday:
Imitation Crabmeat Salad is from Genius Kitchen 
Lemon Meringue Pie is from Taste of Home - The only thing I do differently is I don't put the meringue on top because no one in my family likes meringue!  So I just put whipped cream on it, and they think that's the best!

Tuesday:
Roast Chicken is from Everyday Mom's Meals - haven't tried this yet but it sounds really yummy!

Wednesday:
Chicken Fried Rice is from Rachel Schultz on Homemaking - I'm hoping to have enough leftover roast chicken to use for this dish!
Mandarin Orange Cake is from The Teacher Cooks - it's either the same or almost the same as Paula Deen's Pig Pickin' Cake, both are scrumptious!

Friday:
Baked Lemon Cod is from What's Gaby Cooking - forcing myself  trying to eat fish at least once a week!
Easy Rice Pilaf is from Soulfully Made 
Caramel Apple Pie Magic Bars are from Crazy for Crust - never made these before, but oh my goodness they sound like heaven!  These aren't the same kind of magic bars I think of that use sweetened condensed milk, and that's good because I don't care for those.  I cannot wait to make these and see what my family thinks!  Not gluten free, so I won't have any, but I may have to try tweaking this recipe to see if I can make it gluten free in the future!

Saturday:
Baked Beans are from The Chunky Chef 

And that's a wrap for next week!  I hope you have a great week and weekend!
Check out the parties I link up to HERE.
I also added a Follow Me on Pinterest button on the right sidebar.  Check out my boards if you are interested!  I have to admit I have been a Pinterest addict for many years now!



No comments:

Post a Comment