Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Sausage and Sauerkraut



And it's a good thing....because here it comes!  One more warm day and then fall will swoop in with a flourish!  I am looking at a forecast calling for early morning temps in the 30's!

It will be a perfect time for a Sausage and Sauerkraut supper!  It just tastes like fall to me.  But then, I like sauerkraut.  If you do, you will love this dinner.  For me, it HAS to be served over mashed potatoes.  Because then it's gluten free - WOOHOO!  But it tastes best that way, too.  ❤



I made this dish a few weeks ago, at the end of September.  You can find it  HERE on this menu plan.  The recipe is from Taste of Home, but I tweak it just a little bit.  Nothing major, just a few little ways to cook it.  And I use smoked sausage instead of Polish sausage.  But I'm quite sure it would be good with the Polish sausage! No matter how you make it, it will be yummy!

Here is the recipe card:
For a printable version, please click HERE


If you try it, I hope you all like it!  Get those sweaters out!
Click HERE to see the places I share!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! Hope to see you this Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me share! Looking forward to seeing all the great recipes on your linky party!

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the linky party! I love reading your blog, it is always inspirational and just what I need to read!

      Delete