Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Beef Stew (Instant Pot, Gluten Free)

There are some days that just don't go as planned.
This week, I had planned on grocery shopping Saturday morning, but other things came up and I never made it there.  So, I went on Sunday afternoon.  By the time I got home it was almost 4:00, and the Beef Stew I had planned to make for dinner from Once Upon A Chef wasn't going to work.

Enter my Instant Pot.  I had a fresh package of beef stew meat, but was lacking hours of cooking time.  I quickly searched online (Pinterest, of course, where else?) and found the perfect recipe for Instant Pot Beef Stew from Family Fresh Meals.  The only problem was, it wasn't gluten free and I was starving.

So, I adapted the recipe a little bit to make it gluten free.  I thickened the gravy differently, using a packet of McCormick's Gluten Free Brown Gravy mix.  I also didn't add the corn or the peas because I didn't have any in the freezer.

But it was so good!  We all liked it, and I didn't tell anyone else it was gluten free and they never asked.  There were 4 of us, and even though we all had seconds, there was still enough leftover for lunch the next day.  I really liked this recipe!  It took about an hour from start to finish, and that hour includes the time for the Instant Pot to heat up and the sitting time afterwards while it depressurizes.

Here is what it looked like in the pot before I cooked it:
And here it is ready to be spooned into bowls:
And here is a bowl ready to eat:


This is a great recipe, and using the Instant Pot really saves time!  Thank you Family Fresh Meals!

Here is the recipe I used, adapted from Family Fresh Meals:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.


So yummy!  Definitely a keeper!

If you like this recipe, check out my Pinterest Instant Pot Board!  Just click on the Pinterest button at the top of the right sidebar to check out all of my boards.
To see where I share my blog posts, click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment