Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fall Ginger Cookies

We have had some gorgeous fall weather here, and it just makes me want to bake and bake and bake!

At the end of October, I like to bake some treats for the neighbors and, of course, our favorite bus driver!  She is so good to my grandkids!  We just love her!

I wanted to bake something that just tasted and smelled like fall, and I decided on some fall ginger cookies.  They are easy to bake, they make your house smell SO GOOD, and they have those wonderful fall flavors everyone seems to crave this time of year.

Here they are, all baked up and ready to go into some treat boxes.  Last year, after Halloween, I bought these cute Wilton cookie boxes for $1.00 a package, and a couple Halloween doily packages (12 doilies per package) for 45 cents a package!! SCORE!!   I fit about 12-14 cookies in each box:


And here is a box all closed and ready to deliver:

So cute!  I also took a treat bag and filled it with fun size chocolates to go along with the cookies. I have to say the neighbors and our bus driver loved their goodie boxes and bags!  And there were a few cookies left for my husband, who loves them!  I made 2 batches of cookies, with each batch making about 3 dozen cookies.

Here is the recipe I used:
For a printable copy, please click HERE
Happy baking!



6 comments:

  1. I love ginger cookies and these look fabulous. Thanks for sharing at What'd you do this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I hope you come back soon!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ginger cookies and your recipe looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miz Helen! I am glad I had something to share with you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete