Sunday, November 4, 2018

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of Nov. 4 to 10, 2018

It's about that time, isn't it? Time to be making plans for Thanksgiving - for me that means menu planning, cooking and baking, and of course cleaning!  I am in the middle of taking down fall decorations and packing them away, and this year I think I am going right into Christmas!  My plan is to start pulling out boxes and get rid of Christmas decorations I don't want any more, and re-organize the ones I keep.  We'll see how far I get with that!

I will be making most of the food for Thanksgiving dinner this year, and I have a menu that I pretty much stick to that is tried and true. Usually I add a side dish or dessert, but mostly it stays the same.  I will share it soon, along with some of the recipes.

But here's the thing:  I am not a professional blogger, I just do this for fun.  And there is one part (probably more than one, actually) of blogging I am terrible at, and that is taking pictures.  Most of the time, I forget to take pictures of the food I make.  By the time I think of it, most of it is gone or I'm too tired to try to make it look fresh and new.  I don't do food styling, I just snap a photo of what I make when I think of it.  If it's in the pan, great.  If it's on a plate or in a bowl, great.  It is what it is.

Since blogging tends to be a visual medium, I kind of fail at that.  I make so many meals, cook and bake so much, but without a picture I hesitate to put up just the recipe I used.  I just don't live my life toting a camera around with me.  I get busy, and focused, and I just don't do it.  That's me.

So forgive me if I just post a recipe now and then.  I will try and remember to snap those photos, but we all know what they say about old dogs and new tricks.

Back to this week's menu plan!  I do have that ready to share with you!  Needless to say, November and December will be crazy busy with all the things we have to do.  But let's not forget to take time to enjoy the season, fill our hearts with gratitude and love for others, and share our blessings!

And don't forget to vote Tuesday November 6th!

Here is my menu for the coming week:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links are below.


Recipe Links:

Sunday:  
Crockpot Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut is from Key Ingredient 

Monday:
Apple Cider Pancakes are from Crunchy, Creamy Sweet - we are still enjoying apples from the orchard and apple cider!
Italian Love Cake is from Chew Nibble Nosh - I have never made this before, but it sounds delicious and can't wait for the family to try it!

Tuesday:
Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal is from Celebrating Sweets 
Cherry Pie is from Taste of Home - I have made this many times, always a hit!

Thursday:
Amish Casserole is from Jam Hands 
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is from Genius Kitchen

Friday:
Key Lime Pie is from Southern Bite 

Saturday:
Chicken Chow Mein is from Dinner At The Zoo 
Pecan Pie Bars are from Rock Recipes - I haven't made these before, but I am thinking if they are good I may include them on Thanksgiving instead of Pecan Pie, so I will give them a try!

That's it for this week's menu!  I sure hope you find a menu you like!  Have a wonderful week!
























No comments:

Post a Comment