Sunday, January 20, 2019

Gluten Free Overnight Coffee Cake

Last night, as it was snowing and the wind was really blowing outside, I knew it was going to be a cold Sunday morning.

Right before I went to bed, I decided to make an overnight coffee cake gluten free.  I usually don't have much luck converting recipes, but this time it worked!  I have had this recipe for years, and used to make it for my kids on the weekends  Many moons ago, that is!  But I haven't made it in years.

So I went to the kitchen, threw it all together in about 15 minutes, and put it in the fridge overnight.  This morning, I took it out and let it sit for about 30 minutes before I turned on the oven to bake it.

When I pulled it out 40 minutes later, the kitchen smelled wonderful!  And the cake looked pretty good, too!  I threw together a powdered sugar glaze with some cinnamon mixed in, poured it over the top, and let it sit for about an hour before I cut into it.

We had some coffee and a piece of coffee cake in the living room, curled up on the couch watching Sunday morning shows.  It was delish!


I baked it on the lowest rack of my oven to see if that helped with the gummy bottoms I sometimes get with gluten free baked goods.  Success!  It was done perfectly, and had a nice, moist crumb with a crunchy sweet topping from the pecans and brown sugar.  A perfect treat with a cup of coffee or tea!

Here is the recipe card:







I also loaded the recipe onto Key Ingredient, but for some reason it would not show up on the blog.  I'm sure I'm not doing something right, but I've wasted over an hour trying to figure it out and I give up!  At any rate, if you want to see the recipe on Key Ingredient, and you can print it out at that site, please click the following link:


To make it the traditional way (with gluten), just change the flour to 2 cups of regular all-purpose flour, and use only 2 eggs instead of 3.  And I would bake it on the middle rack, not on the bottom!

If you try it, I hope you like it!   Have a great Sunday, and keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment