Sunday, January 27, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for Jan. 27-Feb. 2, 2019

Are you getting hit with this Arctic blast?  We are heading into a super cold week here.  I think the high temperature for Wednesday is 1 degree. You can bet I will be in front of the fireplace with a hot cup of coffee and a blanket!  How many days until spring??  52?  It's definitely time to start thinking spring!  At least we'll be heading into February at the end of this week!

For this week's meal plan, I am using up some frozen foods from my freezer.  I am trying to get it cleared out enough so I can defrost it and give it a good spring cleaning.  See, I'm thinking spring! 🌸

Here is this week's menu plan:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

Sunday:
Easy Breakfast Pizza is from Six Sisters Stuff

Gluten Free Homemade Chicken Nuggets are from Mama Knows Gluten Free - so good and not hard to make at all!

New York Cheesecake is from Food For A Hungry Soul - I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds perfect!

Monday:
Lasagna - I am using a frozen Stouffers lasagna from my freezer

Tuesday:
Chicken Ala King is from Genius Kitchen - I use gluten free cream of chicken soup and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch instead of the flour to make it gluten free

Chopped Salad is from Nutritious Eats - I don't know what it is about a chopped salad, but I love them!  It is my favorite thing to get at Subway and Portillos.  So good!

Lemon Dream Cake is from The Country Cook

Wednesday:
Roast Beef is from Frugal Momeh!

Glazed Carrots are from Deep South Dish

Thursday:
Baked Lemon Cod is from What's Gaby Cooking

Banana Bread Bars are from Life's Simple Measures

Friday:
Turkey Manhattans - For these I use Carving Board Turkey (Oscar Meyer), and gluten free turkey gravy mix.  Just heat the turkey and the gravy on the stove top, and serve it over white bread or toast, along with the mashed potatoes and gravy.  Just an open-faced sandwich!  Quick and easy!

Saturday:
Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes are from Your Cup of Cake - so cute and delicious!



That takes us through January and into February!  I think we can do this!!  Have a wonderful week, and I hope you find a delicious meal plan or recipe while you're here!

Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest if you like cooking, baking, sewing, or knitting!  Just click on the button at the top of the sidebar!  Stay warm and happy cooking!



4 comments:

  1. That lemon dream cake looks luscious! And I've got frozen cod, so all set for that one. Off to read some other links. Thanks and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! I'm so glad you found a few ideas to try out this week! I hope you enjoy them! Sounds like we are both using food from our freezers this week! Stay warm and enjoy the week ahead!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like our temperatures! I am thinking lots of warm comfort foods (soups, stews, and casseroles) this week and also trying to use up what we have in our freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you all stay warm! This is the perfect weather for comfort food! Soup is definitely what I am craving. Have a cozy week!

      Delete