Sunday, February 3, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of Feb. 3-9, 2019

I don't really know what the groundhog had to say yesterday, but I'm going with this little guy!  Early spring it is!  We went from -25 degrees last week, to 52 degrees today and sunshine.  Compared to many people, we haven't had a bad winter here, but still....I'm ready for spring!  I love hearing the birds chirping in the morning, and I've seen robins here and there...it's coming!

I am planning on being busy this week, sewing up some Valentine gifts and baking some goodies to give away.  And of course today is the Super Bowl, or as I call it, the Sewing Day.  I really don't have much interest in the Super Bowl unless the Colts or the Bears are in it.  And that doesn't look like it will happen again in my lifetime!  🤣🏈  But I am making the obligatory snack food, which I will enjoy in my sewing room while watching Andy Griffith reruns and sewing up some cute Valentine zippered pouches.  I want to go live in Mayberry, I could totally be Aunt Bee.

This week's menu is pretty simple.  For some reason, I was lacking some creativity in the menu department this week, and stuck to tried and true meals.  Sometimes those are the best!  And sometimes I just need a break from spending too much time in the kitchen!

Here is this week's menu:
For a printable copy, please click H-E-R-E.
Recipe links and notes are below.


Sunday:
Ham and Swiss Sliders are from Just A Pinch - I have made these hundreds of times over the years, and everyone always loves them.  They are easy, and they reheat beautifully.

Spinach Dip - This dip is from Knorr.  My mom used to make it, and I forgot all about it until last year.  I made it for a birthday party, and it was the hit of the day.  It was gobbled up first thing, and everyone came back looking for more after it was gone.  I made it again right after that, and the same thing happened.  Now it is always requested for every gathering.  I serve it in a bread bowl, and use the torn out chunks of bread for the dippers.  But it is great with crackers, tortilla chips, anything!

Monday:
Sausage Frittata is from All Recipes

Tuesday:
Chicken Salad is from My Montana Kitchen

Wednesday:
Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake is from Dashing Dish - my husband loves this one

Pork Chops are from The Frugal Navy Wife - these are delicious every time!

Thursday:
Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl is from Buns In My Oven - we love this dish!  I omitted the sesame oil completely last time and we liked it best without it.

Key Lime Pie is from Favorite Family Recipes - another winner!  Easy and so good!

And that's all for this week's menu and recipe links!  I hope you all have a wonderful week, and can find something you like here!

To see where I share posts, click on the Places I Party tab at the top of the page.

Like Pinterest?  I do!  I pin stuff every day!  Recipes, crafts, sewing projects....if you want to follow me on Pinterest, just click the Pinterest button at the top of the right-hand sidebar.

If you are watching the Super Bowl extravaganza, party on!  Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment