Saturday, January 5, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of January 6-12, 2019

It seems like I should be sipping hot cocoa, looking out the window at piles of snow.  It is January, right?  Instead, we took a lovely walk today in the sunshine, birds were singing, and I actually see the tips of my daffodils just peeking out of the dirt.  It felt like a beautiful spring day!  I don't know about you, but I'll take it!  If this is the coldest month of the year, I can handle it!  Every day we get above freezing is a good day for me.  And so far so good!

The holidays are officially over, and this coming week is the first week in a long time that I don't feel rushed to get things done.  It's kind of nice, isn't it?  After a few days of unwinding after the holidays, it feels good to get back into a routine and just calm down.

We are feeling the after-effects of too many goodies and rich foods over the holidays.  It is such fun to sample everything, but after a bit we start feeling bogged down and just plain heavy.  So this week I am trying to lighten things up a bit so our old tummies get a bit of a break.  You know what they say about too much of a good thing!  I think we're there.

Here is this week's menu plan:
For a printable copy of the plan, please click HERE.
Recipe links are below.


Sunday:
Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls are from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is from Betty Crocker

Monday:
Chili Dog Casserole is from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

Tuesday:
Egg Muffins are from Three Many Cooks

Wednesday:
Cherry Pie is from Oregon Fruit

Thursday:
Crockpot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup is from Sugar-Free Mom

Friday:
Crockpot Chicken Verde is from The Real Food Dietitians
Boston Cream Poke Cake is from The Country Cook

Saturday:
Jalapeno Popper Soup is from I Breathe I'm Hungry

And that's a wrap for this week!  I sure hope you find a menu or recipe you like!  Have a wonderful week, and keep warm!





No comments:

Post a Comment