Sunday, March 17, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of March 17-23, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I'm not Irish, but I do love corned beef and cabbage every year on this day!

This morning, my husband decided to make Sausage Gravy for us for breakfast - one regular, one gluten free.  2-1/2 hours later, I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and am sitting down with a cup of coffee and some quiet time on the computer. 😉 I did, though, get my corned beef and cabbage going during that 2-1/2 hour clean-up time.  I just put the corned beef, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and onion in the crockpot on low for 8 hours and let it simmer away all day.  This afternoon, I will make some Irish Soda Bread to go with it, and we will have our wonderful traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner!  I even bought some Kerrygold butter to use with the Irish Soda Bread.

This coming week is filled with doctor appointments and meetings, and supervising the grandkids for a half day each day.  They are on spring break, but my daughter is working the first four days of an inter-session their school holds for students who need extra help.  It is a half-day only, so I will have my afternoons to go where I need to go and do whatever I need to!  We are also hoping to go visit my sister sometime during spring break, and I cannot wait to see her!  We live about 6 hours apart, and visits are infrequent due to our busy lives!  But this year I decided to try and get up to visit her at least twice a year, more if I can manage.  I will also get to see my nephews and their families, and I just love to see them all.

I've got an easy week planned, meal-wise.  Since it is spring break, I'm giving myself a break in the kitchen, too!  Since the weather is turning warmer (40's and 50's), I am going to try and take a 30 minute walk each day.  I am terrible about doing this, so wish me luck!

Here is this week's menu:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

Monday:

Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets are from Mama Knows Gluten Free - I have made these several times and they are delicious!  And easy!

Coleslaw is from Barefeet in the Kitchen - I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds like a winner!

Pina Colada Poke Cake is from The Country Cook

Tuesday:

Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are from The Seaside Baker - I just found this blog and cannot wait to try these bars!

Thursday:

Lasagna Soup is from Cooking Classy - I will use gluten free lasagna noodles in place of regular noodles

Chocolate Cake is from Hersheys - the classic chocolate cake made gluten free

Friday:

Gluten Free Oven Baked Fish is from Mama Gourmand - the crust is made from potato chips, Rice Chex, and Parmesan Cheese

Key Lime Pie is from Southern Bite - ending the week with a little more green!

That's it for this week!  Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest if you'd like!  The button is on the right sidebar at the top.  It seems there a ton of people following me on Bloglovin', too!  I am amazed!  Have a wonderful week, and  Think Spring!  It's coming!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment