Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of March 3-9, 2019

Spring has to be coming, right?  If we just hang in there a couple more weeks, it will come, won't it? I'm starting to count down the days....I'm about done with winter.  And we haven't had it near as bad as a lot of people.  Just done with freezing.  And snow.  And ice.  I can't wait for birds chirping, green grass, flower buds, and to see my forsythia in bloom.  Patience.

Last week was another crazy one, with two grandkids home sick for two days and one for three days.  I felt like I was working full-time again!  Finally on Thursday, they were all back in school and on the mend.  Strep and flu, it hit hard.  I hope it, like Elvis, has left the building!  Everyone had a good, healthy weekend so I'm crossing my fingers they are all good to go this week.

For this week's menu plan, I am again trying to focus on some healthy dishes.  Grandma and Grandpa need to stay healthy and active with this family!  I wish the weather would warm up a bit because we need to start walking every day.  But it's too cold this week!  Maybe by the end of the week we can start.

Here is this week's menu plan.  There are LOTS of links this week, because most of the recipes are new for me.  I'm trying to keep things interesting!
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

Sunday:
Slow Cooker Irish Stew is from Slow Cooker Gourmet - I made this tonight and it was delicious!  I used cornstarch instead of flour, and no beer because I didn't have gluten free beer.  It was still very yummy!

Gluten Free Cheese Garlic Biscuits are from Betty Crocker - they were very good!

Gluten Free Kentucky Butter Cake is from Mama Knows Gluten Free - excellent!

Monday:
Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots is from Cooking Classy - a very good recipe for pot roast

Gluten Free Rolls are from Life After Wheat - new recipe, can't wait to make these

Gluten Free Lemon Meringue Pie is from Pillsbury - looks so good!

Tuesday:
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is from Gimme Some Oven - actually, this is just the recipe for the sauce.  I am adding the chicken and broccoli and gluten free penne pasta to the sauce.  I just use two cooked chicken breasts, dice them, and add a package of frozen broccoli cuts.  Stir that into the sauce and serve over gluten free pasta.

Wednesday:
Shepherds Pie is from Genius Kitchen - this recipe is lowfat and gluten free

Thursday:
Skinny Banana Pudding Trifles are from Dashing Dish - a new recipe for me to try

Friday:
Hershey's Gluten Free Brownies are from Hershey's - tried and true, and perfect!

That takes us through another week - then only 2 weeks until spring!  I hope you have a wonderful, healthy week and that you can find an idea or two to use from this week's menu!


No comments:

Post a Comment