Sunday, March 10, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for Week of March 10-16, 2019




Clocks were moved an hour ahead last night.  Now, I'm ready for spring.  Flowers, sunshine, warmer breezes.  Birds chirping, grass greening, worms on the sidewalk after it rains.  Capris.  Light jackets.  I am ready and waiting.

Here in Indiana, March can be a bit tricky.  The weather changes abruptly from warm to cold in an instant, and we can still get snow and ice.  But the good news is, it doesn't last long.  So even if we have a cold spell, it usually doesn't last longer than a few days.  With one more week until spring break, I'm just hoping the kids can enjoy some outdoor activities for at least part of their break.

This week's menu continues to have some gluten free meals woven into the plan.  I am getting fewer complaints, especially since most of the gluten free stuff is healthy and quite good.  I really enjoy cooking the same meal for everyone, instead of cooking for them and then cooking for me. It makes life much easier for me!  And gives me more time to sew and knit!  And watch Netflix!

And speaking of Netflix, if you haven't watched Saving Mr. Banks yet, you must watch it.  It is really a good movie, and I laughed and cried throughout the whole thing.  Walt Disney was such a wonderful man, such a dedicated and talented person!  I had no idea there was such a background to the movie Mary Poppins.  Now I want to watch Mary Poppins again with a new perspective.  I am so glad they saved Mr. Banks!  I don't think there is a movie Tom Hanks made that I don't like.  But this one really touched my heart!  

Now for this week's menu plan.  Here it is:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.


***NOTE:  GF in front of a recipe means Gluten Free

Sunday:
Breakfast Bowls are from Iowa Girl Eats - I am making these ahead on Saturday and freezing some for the coming weeks
Easy Mozzarella Chicken is from Café Delites - everything I have ever made from this blog is outstanding - I trust all of her recipes!
Almond Butterscotch Bars are from Recipe Goldmine - this is a new recipe for me

Monday:
Classic Goulash is from Dinner Then Dessert - I will use gluten free pasta
Chicagoland Atomic Cake is from Recipe Goldmine - Oh my goodness, this looks so good I wish I could taste it!  But I imagine everyone will go crazy over this cake!

Tuesday:
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup is from Now Find Gluten Free
Gluten Free Cornbread is from My Gluten Free Kitchen - this sounds delicious, but if I am running short on time, Krusteaz makes a good gluten free cornbread mix that I always keep on hand
Mom's Ice Cream Dessert is from All Recipes 

Wednesday:
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins are from Gluten Free Baking - once in awhile I like muffins for a change of pace at breakfast
Gluten Free Pizza is from Meaningful Eats - always ready to try a new pizza crust!

Thursday:
Shepherds Pie is from What A Girl Eats 

Friday:
Slow Cooker Ribs are from Buns In My Oven
Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Pie is from Faithfully Gluten Free 

Saturday:
Shamrock Protein Shakes are from Dashing Dish - super yummy!

That's it for this week!  Next week, I know we are having corned beef and cabbage on Sunday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Last year, I made two of them.  One in the crockpot, one in the Instant Pot.  We wanted to compare the two.  Our decision was that we liked the crockpot version best!  We loved how the corned beef turned out in the Instant Pot, but the veggies didn't have much flavor.  I think they need the slow cooking to absorb the flavors from all the juices.  So crockpot it is for this year!  I already have a corned beef in the freezer, and I'm going to try some gluten free Irish Soda Bread for me this year!  

Have a great week, and hope you can find an idea or recipe here you can use!







No comments:

Post a Comment