Saturday, April 27, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan for April 28-May 4, 2019

I'm calling in.  I missed a whole week of menus!  Oops!  So sorry!

You know how sometimes life just comes at you and you get super busy?  Well, that's what happened.  I just didn't have time to blog.  Which probably, in the scheme of things, didn't matter much to anyone.  But I'm back!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter.  We did!  But I made too much food for dinner, ate too much food for dinner, and we ate leftovers for most of last week.  I wish I had taken some pictures of some of the food!  I made a most delicious gluten free carrot cake that was out of this world good!  I think I might have taken a photo of it at some point, so I will look and share that recipe because it was wonderful!  No one even knew it was gluten free, until somebody spotted me eating it and had a panic attack that I was eating CAKE!

But now it's time to move on.  I gave the ham last rites yesterday, and it is gone today.  Anything else that was leftover had a Last Call last night and today it is out of here.  Clean fridge,  new week, back to planning and cooking.

Which reminds me, this week is a bit different.  It looks like I am going to have to change my eating habits in some ways.  A few health issues, nothing major, but of course the doctor is insisting I shed a few pounds.  Either that, or I will have to start going to Omar the Tent Maker for my clothes.

So I figured spring is a great time to lighten the meal load!  With all the fresh fruit and vegetables, I will be making less comfort food and more light meals.  So, I hope you are not disappointed to see that my carb loaded meals are fading from the scene, being replaced with some healthier options.

If you are looking for heavier meals, just use my menu plan as a springboard.  I try to include a variety of meats and veggies each week, but substitute what you or your family likes.  Add some potatoes or rice, or breads.  Use a different recipe that has more of what you like in it!  Use the plan for suggestions and run with it!

Here is my menu plan for the week:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.


Sunday:
Fruit Salad - You notice I have Fruit Salad every day for breakfast.  I am trying to get away from a high carb low health factor breakfast.  So, I am making a HUGE bowl of fresh fruit to start the day.  This week, I am using fresh pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, apples, bananas, sliced peaches, and sliced pears.  I bought a ton of fruit, used a very large bowl, and just sliced everything into the bowl and stirred it up.  I ate a good size bowl of it for breakfast, and it held me through past lunchtime.  That is how I plan to start each day for awhile.  It was quite filling and very enjoyable!

Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake is from Prepare and Nourish - I am not doing a keto or paleo diet, but many of those recipes are gluten free.  So I am trying this recipe because it sounds delicious!  I figure if I eat healthy all day, I can still have a small treat at night.  I don't know if my doctor would agree, but I'm all in!

Monday:
Gluten Free Lasagna is from Lexi's Clean Kitchen - now this has gluten free noodles, and is probably heavier than I need to be eating.  But, since I'm still transitioning to a lighter menu plan, and it has some veggies tucked into the sauce, I thought it sounded good.  I will just have to have a smaller portion than I'm used to!

Tuesday:
Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin is from Number 2 Pencil - I can't wait to try this!  It looks amazing!

Apple Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is from The Real Food Dieticians - I am wanting to try some new salads to keep things interesting!  This one looks like a winner!

Wednesday:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is from The Real Food Dieticians - this is an easy-to-make and healthy dinner.  I am using gluten free Mission tortillas for the shells.

Golden Cauliflower Rice is also from The Real Food Dieticians - the recipes on this site look delicious and healthy, so I'm giving them a go!

Thursday:
Gluten Free Beef and Broccoli is from Iowa Girl Eats - a wonderful gluten free cooking blog!

Gluten Free Peach Apple Crumble is from Bless Her Heart, Y'all - looks delicious!

Saturday:
Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings is from Mama Knows Gluten Free - I figured by Saturday I would need some comfort food as a reward!  This recipe is tried and true, and one of my favorites!

Gluten Free Apple Pie is from Lexi's Clean Kitchen - this looks delish and fits right in with my comfort food meal!

So there you have  what's cooking this week at my house!  I am looking forward to trying all these new recipes, and hopefully making some changes for the better!  I hope you all have a great week, and can find an idea or two here that you can use!


4 comments:

  1. Yum, I love the recipe ideas that you have shared here. I especially like that they are healthy and gluten free.
    I look forward to trying out a few of them.
    #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are enjoying all these delicious meals this week! Even though I am the only one gluten free, my husband and everyone else who has tried them (kids and grandkids) are liking them. It's all good! Thanks for stopping by - hope you come back to visit soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these meal ideas on #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I will share on social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and for hosting the Link Party!

      Delete