Saturday, April 13, 2019

Menu Plan for Week of April 14-20, 2019

...or is it that April showers bring April flowers??  I'm loving the daffodils, tulips, and forsythia!  And I've seen grape hyacinths in bloom, along with violets and pansies.  It is just so pretty!  Every morning when we go for our walk, we see some new flowers blooming and growing!  The magnolia trees are in full bloom here, too, and they are just gorgeous!

The week before Easter is probably a busy one for all of us.  We are having the kids and grandkids over for Easter dinner, so I've got to be extra careful to get my cleaning done early in the week.  That way, I'll have lots of baking time for Easter dinner.

I will have to post my Easter dinner sometime during the week.  I haven't finalized it yet, but I bought a spiral ham today at Aldi's for $0.85 per pound, and that is fantastic!  They have the best hams!  Seriously, if you haven't tried one, you need to run to Aldi's and get one before they are all gone.

I usually have deviled eggs, baked ham, broccoli and cheese, mashed potatoes, and a couple salads I haven't decided upon yet.  Dessert will definitely be carrot cake and a lemon pie of some sort.  I have a recipe for a carrot cake that hands down beats all the other carrot cakes I've made.  If I can remember to take a picture of it, I will try and post it next week.

For this week, I have lots of goodies planned.  There are a couple new recipes for me to try, plus some tried and true oldies but goodies.  I am in the mood to bake, so there are several new gluten free recipes for breakfast I am going to try this week.

Here is my menu plan for this week:
For a printable copy, please click HERE.
Recipe links and notes are below.

**GF indicates a gluten free recipe

Sunday:
GF Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is from Eat Cake For Dinner - this recipe is not gluten free, but I am going to try and adapt it to gluten free.  Wish me luck!  If it works, I will share the recipe!

GF Chicken and Dumplings is from Mama Knows Gluten Free - this is one of my favorite comfort foods!  If you haven't visited her blog, you should!

Monday:
Ham, Swiss, and Spinach Egg Cups are from Grab A Plate - new recipe for me to try!  They sound delicious!

Hot Turkey Sandwiches are from Cincy Shopper - I am tweaking this recipe, and making gluten free turkey gravy served on gluten free bread

GF French Silk Pie is from Ehow - another new recipe for me

Tuesday:
GF Pumpkin Scones are from The Peaceful Haven

Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Pork Chop Dinner is from Betty Crocker

GF Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is from Gutsy Gluten Free Gal - another new recipe!

Wednesday:
Texas Hash is from A Family Feast - yummy!

Peanut Butter Cookies are from My Crazy Good Life - they are gluten free as well!

Thursday:
Chicken Salad is from Dinner Then Dessert

Lemon Cheesecake is from Taste and Tell Blog

Friday:
Where's The Crust Pizza is from Plain Chicken - a gluten free pizza that is very good

Saturday:
Meatloaf is from Taste of Home - this is my go-to recipe for meatloaf, and every time I make it everyone loves it


That's it for this week!  I know it sounds like lots of baking, but I love to bake and for some reason I am in the mood to bake bake bake!  I think I am realizing that summer is coming, and when it gets too hot to bake I really miss it!  So I better get baking while it's still cool enough. 

Have a wonderful week, and I hope you find a meal plan or two here you want to make for your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment