Sunday, August 22, 2021

Weekly Menu Plan for 8-22 to 8-28, 2021

 

I don't know about you, but where I am, it is HOT HOT HOT.  It is going to be hot (90's and above) all week long this week, so not much cooking is going on in my kitchen!  I just don't want to heat up the house. It is also extremely humid here.  So I jotted down a quick menu plan for the week, got my grocery shopping done yesterday, and I'm ready for a week spent inside in the air conditioning.

Here is my menu plan for this week:

Sunday:  

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, Bacon, Toast, Fresh pineapple

Dinner:  Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo, Broccoli, Vanilla Pudding


Monday:

Breakfast:  Cold cereal, Yogurt, Banana

Dinner:  Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes, Green Beans, Orange Sherbet


Tuesday:

Breakfast:  Oatmeal, Sliced Apples, Toast

Dinner:  Low Country Boil, *SEE NOTE,    Ice cream

(we do this outside on the grill's side burner - we do not use the crabmeat, just shrimp and sausage for the meat)  (remember this is a PER PERSON recipe, so we quadruple it for the two of us so there are a few leftovers)


Wednesday:

Breakfast:  Egg Salad Sandwich, Sausage Links, Oranges

Dinner:  Steak Salad, Breadsticks, Orange Sherbet

(I prep the salad and dressing early in the morning, then toss the steaks on the grill at dinner time, and Voila!  dinner is served!)


Thursday:

Breakfast:  Cold Cereal, String Cheese, Banana

Dinner:  Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry, Rice, Egg Rolls, Ice Cream Cones


Friday:

Breakfast:  Fried Eggs, Bacon, Toast, Cherries

Dinner:  Show Off Salad, Toast, Cookies and Milk

(I use gluten free elbow macaroni in the salad)


Saturday:

Breakfast:  Sausage and Gravy over Toast, Sliced Apples and Grapes

Dinner:  Grilled Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions, Chips, Leftover salad from Friday, Banana Splits


So that's it for the week!   Have a great one, and stay cool and healthy!  See you next week with another menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment