Sunday, November 6, 2022

Weekly Menu Plan Nov. 7-13, 2022

 

Hi there!

I hope you had a good week last week!  Mine was a bit crazy, and I got all off track with my menu plan.  

I had several days when I got called away from home for most of the day, which left me no time to prepare dinner or do any baking.  Sometimes that happens, right?  I am hoping this week slows down in that regard.  

Since I got behind on my menu plan, this week includes some of the same foods on last week's plan.  I have already grocery shopped, and I had everything I needed to make all the foods from last week's menu.  So I just slid the meals I hadn't made, over onto this menu plan.  I hope that makes sense!  

What I did get made from last week, were kind of so-so.  The Chicken Cordon Bleu was okay, but it definitely needed more seasoning.  I think that has happened to me before when I use recipes that have cream or heavy cream in them.  It was very bland, and no one really liked it very much.  It might have been my fault in how I prepared it.  But, I don't think I'll be trying that one again.

The gluten free orange chicken didn't turn out, either.  It looked like chicken in a dark brown really thick gravy.  It was very unappetizing looking, and none of us wanted to try it.  I made it yesterday, and then we went out and ate instead.  It might taste all right, but honestly it looks so unappealing I don't know if we'll eat it or not.  Again, it might have been something I did wrong while making it.  Sometimes things just don't come together as planned!  But we probably won't be trying this recipe again, either.  My husband asked me why I don't stick to the tried and true recipes!  And sometimes I do, but sometimes I like to try new things.  So this week, I am making more meals that aren't first time recipes.  Two fails in one week was enough for awhile!  Live and learn, right??

Here is this week's menu plan.  I cannot wait for the tomato soup and grilled cheese night!  Sometimes simple is just so comforting, and I'm really looking forward to it. 


This week is supposed to be in the 60's and 70's here all week, until Saturday.  Then the temps take a dive, and it will be highs in the 40's.  More like November!  Our town is having their Holiday Kick-Off sales at all the little shops downtown, so my daughter and I are heading down there to check it out next Saturday.  It's always fun to see all the Christmas decorations!  

Have a wonderful week!  I hope you can grab a couple ideas to use from this week's menu, and enjoy some meals with your family and/or friends!  Take care, and see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment