Monday, January 2, 2023

Sausage Potato Chowder

 

Good morning!

Sometimes in January, it looks like the scene above when I look out the window.  But this year, so far, we have had temps in the 50's!  Rain and pretty warm for January!  I see on the forecast, though, that this will change by the end of the week.  So maybe it will look more like this picture by Saturday - we shall see!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Day, and you're all off to a great start for the new year.  Yesterday, I didn't do much.  It was a total relaxing day for me.  I did some odds and ends, changed the calendars around the house, and made dinner.  

I tried making Virgin Bloody Mary cocktails, and we wound up tossing them down the drain.  The best part was the celery!  :)  I try, every now and then, to like tomato juice.  But it's not gonna happen, folks.  Just not gonna happen.  I thought my husband might like the cocktails better, but he took two sips and handed his glass back to me and said, "Thanks, but I don't like tomato juice."  So that was that.  Down the drain they went.

Luckily, the soup was much better!  I really enjoy this soup.  It's pretty thick, and very tasty.  The flavors really go well together, and it really warms you up.  I was glad to have enough leftover soup for today's lunch.  Here's the recipe:


It's so easy to throw together, and it's ready in about 30-45 minutes, depending on how long you let it simmer to get hot.  It was really yummy!  

Have a great Monday!  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment