Sunday, April 23, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan April 23-29, 2023

 

How are you all doing today?  We're having a cloudy, chilly spring day here in Indiana, but it will be hot before we know it!

I'm cooking from the freezer this week.  Honestly, I don't know how it gets filled up so quickly!  But I have an old chest freezer, and Heaven only knows what's at the bottom.  I need to work my way through a bunch of stuff to find out.  So, tonight, we're having corned beef and cabbage.  I know, St. Patrick's Day is over.  But I bought an extra corned beef (why?) and it was on top in the freezer.  So it smells like St. Patrick's Day in my house today.

It's so easy to make.  I just spray my crockpot with olive oil spray, then slice an onion and put it on the bottom.  Then I top it with the corned beef brisket, and sprinkle the top of the meat with the seasoning packet and some brown sugar.  Then I quarter some potatoes, sliced some carrots, slice some cabbage, and layer all that on top of the meat.

Here is the corned beef covered with potatoes and carrots.  We like a lot of carrots!


Here it is, covered up to the very top with the cabbage.  The crockpot is completely full!

I cook it on High for about 7 hours, then it's ready for dinner!

I also made some gluten free Irish Soda Bread.  I used my new Fat Daddio 10" baking pan.


I have no idea how it will be when I slice into it, but right now it's looking pretty good!  

I also made some Butterscotch Brownies (gluten free) that are still in the oven, so I'll post a picture of those when they are out of the oven.  They smell SO GOOD!

Well, enough of that!  Here is my menu plan for the week.  Notes for the links are below it.


Sunday:

Sweet Irish Soda Bread is from Souffle Bombay

Gluten Free Butterscotch Brownies are from Fearless Dining

Monday:


Tuesday:

Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are from Fearless Dining

Gluten Free Potato Soup is from Wheat by the Wayside

Wednesday:

Gluten Free Banana Oat Waffles are from Cookie + Kate

Gluten Free Key Lime Pie is from Meaningful Eats

Thursday:

Gluten Free Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is from Mommy Hates Cooking

Friday:

Fathead Pizza is from The Kitchn - my whole family loves this pizza dough

Saturday:

Gluten Free Blueberry Coffee Cake is from King Arthur Baking

Gluten Free Vegetable Soup is from Living Freely Gluten Free

Gluten Free Apple Cobbler is from Mama Gourmand

And that's it for this week!  Have a wonderful, blessed week....and enjoy those family mealtimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment