Sunday, October 1, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 10-1 to 10-6, 2023

 

Happy October!   It's hard to believe it's October already, especially since it's so hot outside here!  We have upper 80's until Wednesday, then it's supposed to rain and start to actually feel like fall.

I had a productive week last week, I hope you did too!  The highlight of my week was going up to see one of my granddaughters at her college.  I made her this little treat basket:


She's not a big candy eater, and doesn't care for chocolate (can you imagine??), so I didn't want to put a ton of chocolate in it.  So I bought a couple of her favorites - Werther's caramel apple soft caramels, and a bag of gummy bears.  I know she won't throw those away!  She needs a little something sweet now and then, don't you think?  She tries to eat pretty healthy most of the time, which she definitely didn't get from me!  I need to be more like her!

Then, I finished my Japanese Rice Bag, and I love how it turned out!  I used up leftover fabric from my table runner, and some other scraps.  It holds a ton of stuff!



I've already used it to carry my cross stitching supplies in, and I'm going to use it to hold snacks when we go on vacation.  I can fit all kinds of gluten free goodies in there!  It completely closes with the drawstring, and is really very sturdy.

Enough of that stuff, here is my menu plan for this week.  I have a bunch of stuff to do this week, so there's nothing too difficult.  Mostly I planned for quick and easy meals, or something I can make ahead.  As always, notes and recipe links are below.



Notes and Recipe Links:
Sunday:  
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes are from Meaningful Eats

Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup is from Gluten Free Palate - I always use rice noodles that I find in the Chinese food section of my grocery store

The Best Side Salad is from Fantabulosity - I plan on eating the salad leftovers for lunch a couple days, as it makes a lot.  Very delicious!

Chocolate Cake is from Glutenless Apron - this is a new-to-me recipe, can't wait to make it!

Monday:
Gluten Free Reuben Sandwich is from The Spruce Eats

Gluten Free Potato Salad is from One Lovely Life

Gluten Free Blueberry Pie is from Fearless Dining

Tuesday:
Gluten Free Chili is from Mama Knows Gluten Free

Gluten Free Cornbread is from All Recipes

Wednesday:
Gluten Free Sausage Gravy is from All Recipes - we like ours over gluten free toast rather than biscuits

Gluten Free Chili Dogs are from Spend With Pennies - I'm using leftover chili for these

Thursday:
Gluten Free Macaroni Salad is from Mary's Whole Life

Friday:
Gluten Free French Toast is from Gluten Free Palate

Gluten Free Oatmeal Scotchies are from Mile High Mitts

Saturday:
Gluten Free Kentucky Butter Cake is from Mama Knows Gluten Free

And that's it for this coming week!  

I hope you have a great week with your family, and lots of happy family meals!  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment