Sunday, September 24, 2023

Weekly Menu Plan 9-24 to 9-30, 2023

 

Another change of seasons is here already!  Summer flew by.  Sitting outside on my porch swing yesterday, even though it was 80 degrees, it didn't feel the same as a summer 80 degree day.  The breeze was beautiful, leaves were falling, some of the maple trees are turning bright red and gold at their tops, and the birds are silent.  I don't hear the happy chirping like I did all summer.  Instead, it is quiet, except for a few caws from the crows.  Where did all the birds go already?  I didn't see any birds flying from tree to tree, or looking for worms in my yard.   A totally different feel in just a matter of days!

It looks like we're locked in a beautiful weather pattern for the next couple weeks.  Warm, dry, and hovering around upper 70's and low 80's.  What a perfect start to fall!

Last week's dinners were pretty good!  Here is my favorite pick of the week:

Shrimp and Imitation Crabmeat Pasta Salad


This was a cold, creamy salad that had a wonderful dressing!  I loved it, and even ate it for breakfast the next morning!  It made a nice big bowl full, and I will definitely be making this again.

I guess I was busier than I thought I would be, because I never finished the bag I wanted to make.  I have the outside done, but have to finish it this afternoon.  Here is what I have so far:

It is just a fun fall Japanese Rice Bag.  It will be a drawstring bag, and it holds A LOT.  It's in the shape of a flexible cube.  Perfect for packing with snacks for a road trip, or for carrying my knitting or cross stitch.  I had a few pieces left over from my table runner I made last week, so I used them up for the outside of the bag.  Waste not, want not, right?  I'll post a picture later when it's finished.  I have made several of these bags, and given most of them away.  I kept one, but my granddaughter really wants that one.  So I figured I better make a few more so I can keep at least one!

Here is my menu plan for the week.  Hopefully some more great meals this week!  As usual, notes and recipe links are below:


Recipe Links and Notes:

Sunday:
Crustless Broccoli Bacon Quiche is from The Bossy Kitchen


Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake is from Mama Gourmand

Monday:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles are from Fit Foodie Finds

Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff is from The Roasted Root

Tuesday:
Classic Chef Salad is from Billy Parisi

Gluten Free Brownie Cookies are from Mama Gourmand

Wednesday:
Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars are from Real Housemoms - this one needs adapting for gluten free.  I will use gluten free oats, and gluten free all-purpose flour (I usually use King Arthur or Pillsbury gluten free flour)

Gluten Free Chicken Nacho Casserole is from My Well Balanced Life

Berry Cantaloupe Salad is from Damn Delicious

Thursday:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins are from Life After Wheat

Friday:
Gluten Free Tuna Casserole is from Flippin Delicious

Gluten Free Apple Cobbler is from Peel With Zeal

Saturday:
Gluten Free Pancakes are from Gluten Free Baking

Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps are from I Wash You Dry - I will use a gluten free tortilla ( I use Mission brand gluten free wraps)

Gluten Free Potato Soup is from Wheat By The Wayside


That should do it for the coming week!  I hope you all have a fabulous first week of fall, and lots of good family meals!  See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yum - I love seafood pasta salad!! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Hope your upcoming weekend is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try this seafood pasta salad recipe, I think you'll like it! I even ate it for breakfast the next day! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too! We are going up to visit one of my granddaughters at her college this weekend, and we are going to their football game. So happy to see her, I haven't seen her since August! Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you next week!

      Delete